18. Moriya weather Incident (Part 2)

Running up the mountain, I avoided any kind of obstacle that other wise would be next to impossible to pass but thanks to the use of the ability card opening gaps for me to go through made this whole thing somewhat underwhelming, kind of as if I was cheating albeit that the range is short so I couldn't use it to open a gap to the top of the youkai mountain but it was fun to use anyhow.

Before I knew it, I was already half way up the mountain and something already didn't seem right, there were no youkai in sight let alone the sound of any of them lurking nearby which raised my suspicion but the lack of youkai was the perfect time for me to take a short break and prepare myself for what lied ahead at the top of the mountain. Taking out all 6 of my cards I began looking through all of them for the first time rather than just giving them a glance before using them in battle like I usually did up until now and that was because I didn't want to take chances with pulling out the wrong ability card so it'd be best I rearrange them a little.

"Half-Half Ghost"

"Shanghai Doll"

"Ice Fairy"

"Screen Border"

"Moon of Madness"

These were 5 of the 6 ability cards that I had remaining and as I was about to read the name of the 6th card, a sudden gust of wind shook the trees catching me off guard as well as making me turn my head away from the direction that the gust came from. Once it was over, I looked back at the direction from which the gust of wind came from and sure enough, someone was flying there and that someone was Aya.

Aya:"Ayayaya, another intruder in the mountain? I can't allow this! Face me intruder for I shall represent this whole mountain!"

"What...?" I was extremely confused by what Aya was saying, she sounded completely out of character compared to all the other times I met her and it sounded like she was getting ready to fight too so raising my Half-Half Ghost card, I prepared to face off against her.

This night has been nothing but confusion.

Aya:"Wind God "Wind God's Leaf-Veiling"!"

Aya rose her fan as leafs were carried by wind before star flying around us resulting in a sphere forming around us that was made from condensed air. The compressed air was condensed enough to make it impossible to see past it so in a sense Aya made a barrier.

Aya:"Alright I think it's safe now."

Y/N:"Safe now? I seriously doubt that seeing that we are about to fight."

Aya:"The mountain is constantly monitored by wolf tengu so I had to pretend to want to fight you so they wouldn't be able to see anything that's happening now."

Y/N:"So we aren't going to fight?"

Aya:"Not unless you want to."

Y/N:"Then what do you want."

Aya:"Glad you asked! If your looking for a way to reach the Moriya shrine then you will need a diversion so you wouldn't be targeted by any youkai which I can provide. After all past this point is extremely well guarded by all sorts of youkai."

"Before I give you my answer, I want to know why your helping me. For all I know you could be lying." I replied, lowering my ability card but still keeping it in my hand just in case.

Aya:"Ayaya? Doubting me already? Well I suppose I can give you a small snippet of my upcoming exclusive scoop. you must have heard of whats going on at the Moriya shrine seeing as how your in such a hurry to reach it in the middle of the night but we have a common enemy, the youkai living on this mountain just want to have this incident over and done with but at the rate at which its going right now I doubt it will ever end seeing as how the battle between the shrine maidens is still on going."