7 | Pull Me Away

◯ △ ▢

Everything had blocked out around her. It was silent; dead silent.

She couldn't think. She had no thoughts. That was what she wanted, right? To forget about the trauma already built up inside her.

This is the time she should regret laughing earlier. So much for hope.

Anybody else could see she was just staring down at the sandy floor, her broken honeycomb haunting her.

She wasn't staring at it though.

Aera couldn't see; her eyes had blacked out and she wasn't able to move a muscle. Her body has gone into complete shock.

Time seemed to slow down. Breathing was non-existent; not taking in a breath in what felt like an eternity. Goosebumps covered her whole entire body as her eyes completely unfocused from the world.

She thought she had fainted, the symptoms too similar. The girl had the impression she had fainted, and was dreaming about what had just happened.

Mi-sun had been tapping her shoulder and whispering her name for the umpteenth time, but no response came from Aera.

It was almost as if her body was in a coma, she had completely stopped working.

From the other side of the room, a guard was observing the situation, glaring at Aera's still body and Mi-sun trying to bring her back into reality. He glanced at the floor, noticing what Aera was staring at. Broken honeycomb. A smirk formed under his mask, as he began to walk over to them both.

Two black-booted feet arrived into Aera's vision, pulling her out of the trance she was in. Her head slowly lifted, meeting the tip of a gun which was inches away from her forehead. Aera's eyes widened, hearing a click; the sound of the gun being re-loaded.

She'd never expected to die in this way, she wouldn't have even thought about it. There was no room for improvement in her life anymore; she'd lived through corrupted years, never having any intention to do something about it. And now, she no longer had the chance.

After the first game, Aera had made a promise to herself. If she survived, she would change. She wouldn't be selfish anymore and she'd repay those who helped her.

Memories flashed before her eyes, flooding her mind. It was difficult to recall the good things that had happened, because there weren't many. So she was stuck with everything she'd done wrong, looking back at all of her mistakes.

It was inevitable. This was a punishment.

"Gun down." to her surprise, a stern, recognisable voice spoke from beside her. "Now." he finished, inching closer to the guard holding the gun.

The guard lowered the gun from Aera's forehead, confused as to what was happening. "I- what? Sorry sir." He apologised, bowing to the superior in front of him.

The square mask glanced down at the broken honeycomb, letting out a frustrated sigh. "Pick it up, and go."

The guard bent down, grabbing the pieces of candy. Before getting up, he glanced at the number on the girl's shit: 227.

A sudden realisation came to him. Shit.

He quickly got up, bowing again. Swiftly walking away, he shuffled his feet against the sand in regret.