11 | Compromising

◯ △ ▢

Aera stirred as her mind slowly became conscious to the world again, the sound of drawers opening and closing startling her. Her eyes slowly fluttered open, lifting her hands to generously rub them. Tiredness felt like a weight on her shoulders, never wanting to leave, although she'd practically passed out on the bed last night.

She widely yawned, glancing out of the large windows before quickly averting away, noticing something out of the corner of her eye. The man whom she didn't know was standing there, shirtless.

Aera abruptly sat up, turning her head to look directly at him. She sucked a sharp breath in, realising how attractive his bare back looked. His toned physique was right in front of her eyes, completely shirtless with his red jumpsuit laying comfortably on his waist.

She shook her head, mentally slapping herself at her idiocy. She wasn't supposed to like him.

His deep voice interrupted her intrusive thoughts, making her nearly fold in half at the harmony, "Good morning." He fumbled around with his drawers, seemingly trying to find something.

Aera was dumbfounded, too engrossed in the fact he was shirtless to notice he wasn't wearing his mask. "T-Turn around." Aera gaped, trying to sound confident but ended up coming out as a stuttering mess instead.

J chuckled lightly, hearing air come out of his nose. The drawer finally shut, leading him to put a tight fitting black t-shirt over his head. Soon after, he slipped his arms into the jumpsuit, pulling it over his shoulders and then zipping it up. One step to the side and he was putting his mask on his face, proceeding to pull the hood over his head.

"Won't happen that easily, sweetheart." The nickname rolled off his tongue, speaking like it was nothing. He turned around to face her widening eyes, causing him to smirk to himself at the impact he had.

Aera rolled her eyes, trying to make it seem like she wasn't bothered. The girl looked away, returning her gaze to the windows that seemed way more amusing.

A sudden realisation came to her that she'd supposedly slept in his bed, wondering if she'd spend the night alone, "Wait."

He made a sound, indicating confusion.

"Did you... sleep next to me?" She hesitantly asked.

J laughed again, shaking his head. "Of course not, darling."

Aera continued to stare at the windows, not having the will to face him. She couldn't see him, but he could see her, and very clearly.
The girl didn't want him to know that it was clearly affecting her, feeling a blush creep up on her cheeks.

"I slept on the couch, if that makes you feel any better." His laughing came to a halt, as she finally looked back at him. J wasn't facing her, but fiddling with something on the top of the drawers. He rubbed the bottom of his back, indicating it wasn't the most comfortable place to sleep.

Her eyebrows knitted together, realising she'd kind of stolen his comfortable bed away from him.

He was quick to turn around again, "You need to get ready soon." The man explained, giving no reason as to why.

"For what?" Aera inquired confusingly.

The man sighed, rolling his eyes. He knew she was one to ask many questions, and he didn't have the patience right now. "Something..." He trailed, "happened to one of the guards, and you need to fill in the space."