ONE ~ Prologue

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-__-_-_-_-__-_-_-_--_-__-_-_-_--_

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

this is the story of how i died. . .

don't worry, this is actually a very fun story. and the truth is, it isn't even mine.

this is the story of girl, named y/n.
and it all starts with the sun.

once upon a time a single drop of sunlight fell from the heavens. why? it just felt like it i guess.

now from this single drop of sun, grew a magic, golden, flower.

it was said that it had the ability to heal the sick and injured no matter how grave the disease or wound. it's power was so desired that many would kill for the slightest bit of information on finding it.

 it's power was so desired that many would kill for the slightest bit of information on finding it

oh you see that woman right there? you might wanna remember. she's kind of important.

well, centuries pass and a hop, skip and a boat ride away from mt. ebbot grew a kingdom.

the kingdom was ruled by a beloved king and queen, and the queen was about to have a baby. but she got sick, really sick. she was running out of time and that's when people usually start to look for a miracle.

or in this case, a flowercle. no? not funny? fine let me redo that. or in this case, a magic golden flower.

 or in this case, a magic golden flower

aaahh told ya she'd be important. ya see, instead of sharing the sun's gift this woman, mother gothel, hoarded its magical healing power and used it to keep herself young for hundreds of years and all she had to do was sing a special song.

"🎶~Flower gleam and glow,

let your power shine,

make the clock reverse,

bring back what once was mine,

What. once. was. mine~🎶"

ya get the idea, she sings, she turns young, weird as hell right?

A group of gaurds get closer and in haste mother gothel covers the flower with a fake Bush and runs off only to knock off the bush with her green lit lantern.

The guards find the flower glowing brightly. "We found it!"

the magic of the golden flower, healed the queen.

a healthy baby girl was born with the most beautiful golden hair you'll ever lay eyes upon.

i'll uh give ya a hint.

that's y/n.

to celebrate her birth, the king and queen launched a flying lantern into the sky. you could say it lit up the whole night.

and for that one moment, everything was perfect . . . .

then that moment ended.

Mother gothel now aged, sneaks through the window and creeps up to the crib where your baby self sleeps. She draws a pair of scissors as she smiles wickedly down at you and begins to sing.

"Flower gleam and glow," your hair begins to glow. Gothel quietly laughs in delight. "Let you power shine, make the clock re-" Gothel gasps in shock as when she cuts a strand of hair it turns h/c and loses its power. Her slightly younger skin aged in an instant.

Gothel in frustration grips her cloak and looks down at the child.

gothel broke into the castle, stole the child and just like that . . . gone. the kingdom searched and searched but they could not find the princess. for deep within the forest, in a hidden tower, gothel raised the child as her own.

Inside the tower, Gothel brushes the hair of a now five year old you. You sing the incantation unaware of what Gothel is using you for.

"🎶. . . ~Save what has been lost. Bring back what once was mine, what once was mine~🎶"

gothel had found her new magic flower. and this time, she was DETERMINED to keep it

. . . i can't help but hate that word sometimes. . .

"Why can't I go outside?" You ask.

"The outside world is a dangerous place. Filled with horrible, selfish people. You must stay here, where you're safe. Do you understand flower?" Gothel tenderly brushes your hair.

"Yes, mommy."

Time passes to late at night when you sneaks out of your bedroom past mother Gothel's room. You reach the main window/door and pull it open.

but the walls of that tower could not hide everything. each year on her birthday, the king and queen released thousands of lanterns into the sky in hope that one day, their lost princess, would return.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
_-_-_-_-_-_-_-__-_-_-_-__-_-_-_--_-__-_-_-_--_

718 words

Published : Jan 6. 2022