Chapter 4

FLASHBACK CONTINUES

"GRANDPA" I groaned.

He was standing there laughing at his own joke and at myself.

"What are these noises?"

The cranky voice of grandma caught our attention.

"Oh my gosh. Brian did you get hurt?
How did you fall? We should call the Doctor immediately? You. old man, why are you not helping him. I am coming for you Brian".

My grandma rushed towards me after seeing me on the floor. I tried to get up before she comes to me but I failed miserably. I fell once again this time because of mat on which I slipped.

"Oh my boy. Here hold my hand".

She gave me her hand which is not even capable enough to lift half ounce of my weight. My heart swells up seeing her efforts to lift me. She helped me to stand.
Her frowned face made me laugh a little.
"Brian, What made you laugh?" She asked.

"Ahh Nothing grandma.  Its hurt"
this time I pretend to be in pain.

I slowly walked toward the couch. She was walking just right beside me.
"Brian your mom is-"

I didn't let her finish her sentence.

"is looking for me I know. That's why I was looking for her too. Then I bumped and I fell down. Dad just walked passed me as if I was invisible to him. Grandpa on other instead of giving me a hand he was making fun of me" I bleat.

I told her everything, well not the details

"You did not just bump,  you bumped. No scratch that you bounc-" he was tittering.

I cut off grandpa's words before he could embarrass me. I began groaning loudly as if I have broken my ribs.

"You old man stops your childish act. My child is in pain" she screeched. I joined her before he was going to say more.

"Hey. old man didn't you heard her?"

"Brian where are your manners, Is this a way you should talk to your grandpa?"

Mom's voice rebuked. I looked at the direction from where the voice came . She was walking down from stairs.

'That's more of an issue now'

"Claire" grandma called her in a calm tone.

"Yes maa" mom replied. Grandma looked at mom and continued in that tone.

"He is not a kid anymore stop treating him like one."

She glared at grandpa,
"Dial the doctor immediately."

'Mom being mom'

"Doctor? Why ? Are you okay Maa?"

"Yes dear, I am totally fine. But Brian got hurt. He was groaning in pain a while ago. When I was in the kitchen I heard some noises. When I came here I saw he was on the floor groaning in pain" grandma narrated as if she saw me in the pool of blood.

'Truly; mom being mom.'

"Yah Yah Moms I am fine. I just need little massage and good pain relief spray" I said the truth wanting not to worry them.

"Are you sure Brian?" mom asked. I nodded my head as yes and gave her a reassuring smile.

"So.I will call the doctor or not?" grandpa asked in low sound.

'Is he still in doubt?'

Her wife throws staggers through her eyes towards him.

"Okay, I got it. It's a no"

He laughed sheepishly and sat down opposite to us.

"Claire, go get the hot water bag and breakfast for Brian." She ordered mom. Mom just nodded her head as yes.

"For me too. Claire, I am also hungry" said grandpa muttered.

Once again without any conversation grandma and her super powers.

"Okay Da-". Before mom could complete her sentence.

"No need I am coming with you to the dining area." Grandpa suggested her and without giving us a glance he began to walk towards the dining area. Mom stood silent and later followed him and left us alone in the living room .

"For how many years you both have been together?"

I said pointing at the first person who left the room and grandma.

"Why this question comes up to your mind right now?".

"Just like that" I shrugged my shoulders. She thought for a moment and replied "more than 50 years".

"Yet you both act as if you both fell in love yesterday only" I muttered.

I got a thump on my head.

'Ouch. it didn't hurt much compared to the bounced back incident.'

I groaned "What?".

"If your mom would have been here, she would have given you three hours of lecture" she uttered the truth.

"She is not here though" I said sheepishly.

TIME SKIP

I was playing with the boys. They were giggling sweetly. My eyes fell upon the clock it showed 12 noon. 'What I should do now? Anna will come and take you from me. I know you have to shower boys.

"Brian?"

I looked over at the boys.

"Boys, did just say my name" I asked.

"No, Its me, Anna" I looked at my right side she was standing holding two towels on her wrist.

She sighed "Did you talk to mom?" she asked.

'Shit..No' the previous incidents didn't let me to have a conversation with mom.

"I didn't.." I muttered.

"I knew it. Now you should go.She is in her room. I am taking the boys its their shower time" she said while carrying the boys in her arms carefully. I nodded my head.

"Mom, you wanted to talk to me".

She hugged me tight. I did not able to breathe for a moment. I hugged her back.