02| family politics

"I said you're a jerk

"I said you're a jerk. Need me to spell it out for you? Or did that hair gel not burn all of your brain cells."

---------------------------------------

   IZZIE WALKED UP THE FRONT STAIRS TO THE SCHOOL WITH EMMA AND MANNY, HER STOMACH DOING BACKFLIPS EACH STEP SHE TOOK. "Guys, there's nothing to be afraid of." Emma tells Manny and Izzie as she opened the door.

"Nothing but the grade eights." Manny fights making Izzie nod. "Yeah, to them we're practically kinder gardeners." Izzie frowns looking around, that feeling in herstomach growing. "They're only a year older than us." Emma shrugs, some papers she grabbed falling.

   "Yeah, a whole year to think of ways to make us suffer." Manny sighs before a foot steps on the papers Emma was trying to pick up. "Hall pass." A boy with Spiky hair dead pans making Izzie's stomach turn even more. "What?" Emma asks as Izzie narrows her eyes at him and his friend. "You're not allowed on school property without a hall pass." The boy smirks making Izzie furrow her eyebrows.

  "But we didn't get one." Emma shrugs making the boy shrug as him and his friend stalk closer to the three. "Then you both have to leave." He sighs making Manny nervously laugh. "But we can't, it's the first day of school." Manny says before the two boys start laughing.

  "Grade Sevens are such geeks." He shakes his head making Izzie glare at him as him and his friend walk away. "Jerks." Izzie muttered under her breath. Emma picked up her papers before signalling Manny and Izzie to go to their class.

~

   AFTER FIGURING OUT THE BASIC LAYOUT OF THE SCHOOL, MANNY, EMMA, AND IZZIE FOLLOWED J.T AND TOBY TO THEIR FIRST CLASS. "Hey guys." Toby greets, making Izzie wave as Emma and Manny said their hello's. Izzie stood next to J.T, looking into the window of their new classroom. "That's our homeroom? Cool." Manny smiles as Izzie gapes at the room.

"Hey guys, sorry I'm late." Mr. Simpson greets running from down the hall as the bell rings. "Hey Em." He smiles as he opens the classroom. "Okay here we go." He sighs as they all walk in. "Just choose your own seats for the time being." He shrugs as Izzie walks over to a empty spot with no one around.

She hears running making her look to her right to see J.T smiling at her making her chuckle. Manny takes a seat on her left as Liberty takes a seat across from her.

"Okay, welcome to Degrassi community school. I'm Mr. Simpson, I'm your homeroom and media immersion teacher. And I got to say, you guys really lucked out. I mean it. This is by far the coolest homeroom in the entire school." He smiles making the rest of the class smile with him as Izzie looks at J.T and Manny.

"First order of business, these are the code of conduct forms, concerning the computers and the internet. All right?" He asks as he passes out the papers. "I want to get this out of the way before we get to know one another." He shrugs, trailing off a bit as he reaches Izzies table.