03| eye of the beholder

"Woah, where's hair gel?"

---------------------------------------

IZZIE SAT DOWN AT THE KITCHEN TABLE, FINISHING UP HER CEREAL. It's been about 2 weeks since Spinner and his dad moved in and it was a living nightmare to Izzie.

   In the words of Izzie, 'Living with someone who pays with only pennies and a baby on a airplane would probably not be as annoying as Spinner.'

Izzie heard a knock on the door making her get up to answer it, only to see Spinner already beat her.

"Hey Iz- You're not Iz." J.T frowns making Izzie get up. "And you're not a big guy with a white beard who goes down my chimney every Christmas." Spinner glares before walking away.

J.T looks at Izzie with raised eyebrows. "Don't ask." Izzie sighs before grabbing my bag, walking out the door with him.

~

"I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU GUYS ARE CHICKENING OUT." Emma groans to J.T and Toby as everyone takes their seats. "We're not chickening out." Toby defends making Emma roll her eyes. "Fine."

"Fine." Toby retorts. "We're just not going to the dance, okay?" J.T asks. "I guess it's just us then." Emma sighs, turning to Manny and Izzie making the two look down. "You did talk to your parents?" Emma asks. "Yes. And no." Manny sighs. "The dances during school hours fine, but it's at night."

"Yeah and my mom has me on house arrest." Izzie huffs as she takes her seat. "What did you do?" Manny asks. "Nothing, I have to have some 'quality family time' with Spinner and his dad." Izzie rolls her eyes. "So, who am I supposed to go with?" Emma asks. As soon as she says that, Mr. Simpson walks in, a blonde boy trailing behind him.

"Good morning people. I would like you to meet Sean Cameron. He was here a few months last year before he moved up North. Why don't you tell the class a little bit about yourself?" Mr. Simpson asks, turning to Sean.

"No." Sean smiles making Izzie chuckle. "Okay, well maybe once you're settled in. Why don't you go take a seat?" Mr. Simpson asks before pointing to the empty seat next to Emma.

~

IZZIE WALKS INTO MRS. KWAN'S CLASS WITH J.T AND TOBY, JOKING ABOUT SOMETHING J.T SAID. "Emma." Toby said as he saw Emma, immediately making her walk away, pulling Manny along with her. "That girl's not happy." Toby sighs making Izzie chuckle as she follows the two girls to her seat.

"Ok come on guys, quiet down. I want you to open up your books and we're going to read chapter four." Mrs. Kwan speaks making Izzie stop her small conversation with Liberty. Izzie pulls out her books and quickly goes to chapter four. A couple seconds into the chapter, she hears Manny speak. "Em, I totally wish I could go tonight."