05| the mating game

***

"HEY GUYS, check it out!" J.T flung a pamphlet around as he ran up to Toby and Izzie, who were sitting at a computer in the MI room. "Dr. Sally is coming to Degrassi-- today!" He shoved the pamphlet in the two's faces. Izzie grabbed it, holding it out for the three to read.

"Whose Dr. Sally?" Toby asked. J.T smiled. "The sex lady." 

"She's a sexual educator, J.T." Izzie sighed. "Basically what I just said." J.T shrugged. 

"She's only talking to the eighth graders, of course." J.T rolled his eyes in annoyance. 

 Izzie and Toby met each-others eyes with small, amused, smiles. "Of course." They mocked in unison. "It's totally unfair." J.T huffed, not picking up on his friend's sarcasm.

"I heard that she brings, like, props." J.T grinned, his eyebrows raising. "And she get's graphic. As in pornographic. Eighth graders get all the luck." 

"The lucky one is Dr. Sally. Because she doesn't have to hear what crazy, perverted, questions you come up with." Toby chuckled. J.T rolled his eyes. "Oh but Toby, my friend-- we have to hear them." Izzie groaned. She sat up from her seat, patting Toby on the shoulder before finding her seat next to Manny.

Mr. Simpson's eyes locked onto the paper in front of him as the final bell rung. He sighed. "Okay, people, as we discussed at the end of the last class, today you guys are going to create a website on an animal of your choice." 

Emma raised her hand eagerly. "Oh!"

Mr. Simpson nodded at her to continue. "Can we do it on a specific animal-- like Mama Onu?" Emma asked. 

A few kids in the class lightly chuckled as Mr. Simpson raised his eyebrows. "Mama who?" 

Emma perked up. "Mama Onu! She's an endangered green turtle from the south pacific." 

Mr. Simpson smiled. "That sounds very informative. You know, but don't forget to have fun and use the technology and your imagination, okay? That's what this is all about is taking the technology to the next step."

Izzie eyed the Issac's boy, sat across from her, who stared at her blonde best friend in awe. "Toby?" Izzie asked, trying to break him out of his trance. 

The boy finally woke up from his day dream when Sean slammed his hands on his seat. "Hey man, thanks for letting me borrow your notes." 

"Yeah, no problem, Sean." Toby nodded, watching the boy walk over to his seat next to Emma. Emma, Manny, and Izzie all whispered, Toby's eyes returning to them. "You okay?" J.T asked.

"Yeah. Fine. Perfect." Toby sighed.

***

"I COULD help you with your assignment. I get straight A's!" Liberty exclaimed as she followed Toby, Izzie, and J.T. But, mostly J.T. It was obvious Liberty had a crush on him, she had been following him around for a week now.

"And I get straight D's. So why rock the boat?" J.T asked, walking away from the girl. Izzie sighed as Toby chuckled. "You could let her down a little easier, you know."