fifteen

ALARIC SALTZMAN WAS PACING his office for almost an hour, it's been a day since his two students went to Josie's a mind. An hour since the necromancer finally set Rafael and Alyssa free. Thirty minutes since he found out that Landon was permanently dead and there's no way to ressurect him anymore.

The headmaster was staring at his two students that were still sleeping on the small bed inside the hidden room in his office.

He was worried, what if they didn't succeed? What if his daughter's darker side was much more stronger than them? His thoughts were interrupted by the sudden opening of the passage. He looks up and saw Kaleb.

"What is it?" The headmaster asked.

"It's Josie, she's awake." Kaleb answered and that's all it took for Alaric to leave his office and went straight to his daughter.

A few minutes after he left, Allen Castle's eyes snapped open. The vampire took a few seconds to adjust her eyes on her new surroundings before she sat. She takes a deep breath and her eyes widened once she noticed the tribrid lying on the other side of the bed.

She was still unconscious, which confused Allen. If she was already awake, then why is she still sleeping? Which leads to the fact that-- her eyes widened when she recalled the last thing that happened on Josie's subconscious. That's right, Dark Josie snapped her neck.

Allen stood up from her seat. She stood in front of the passage door, she entered a few numbers on it's side and luckily, the door opens.

A smirk curved on the corner of her lips when she recalled the day when she accidentally caught Kaleb sneaking inside the headmaster's office. The young vampire thought that he was alone, oh the look of shock in his face once he saw Allen standing behind him was something to remember.

Once Allen was outside his office, she immediately made her way towards the twins' shared dorm room.

Allen leaned closer on the door, she was only hearing one heartbeat and she's guessing that it's either Lizzie or Josie. Well, she was hoping that it would be Josie. After all, she was the first person she was hoping to see once she woke up. Well, Hope was an exemption. The girl was basically sleeping beside her so obviously, she was the first person she saw.

The vampire knocked softly at the door. She some creaking sound inside and next was the sound of footsteps. It only took a few seconds for the door to open. And soon, Allen's eyes was locked on Josie's brown ones.

A gasp escapes Josie's mouth once she saw Allen. She immediately pull the vampire into a tight hug, "Oh my God, im so sorry." She said as she starts sobbing on her chest.

Allen hugged her back, she steps forward so the two of them were inside the room. Allen closed the door behind her before holding Josie's arms. She pulls away from the hug, "Oh, Jo.. What's with the sad face?" She asked before she starts wiping the tears on her face.

The brunette shakes her head, "I was so scared." She admits, "She snapped your neck and i thought... I thought that you won't wake up because of it."

Allen sighed, "Im okay now, Jo. So stop crying." She said with a soft voice.

"Hope." Josie muttered, "Is Hope awake?"

The vampire's breath hitched at the mention of the tribrid, "She's-- she's still sleeping." She said, earning a gulp from the brunette, "But don't worry. Maybe she'll wake up tomorrow or in a few minutes."

Josie slowly nods her head before sitting at the edge of her bed, Allen stares at her for a few seconds before sitting beside her. "What happened back there, hmm?" The vampire asked.