Chapter 2

It had been a week since I had been hospitalized. Every single day my parents would come and try to get me to talk but I wouldn't. Why would they even want to talk to a dirty, broken, used sl*t like me? Today I was free to go home, although I don't know where that was.

It had been two years since I had been there. That little etching on my chest still scared me. Although it was wrapped up tightly in bandages, every time I looked into a mirror, I could see them as clear as crystal, burned into my eyes. I could see each ridge and line made by that scar as it marred my body. The doctor had said that the wounds were too deep and the scars would neither fade away nor could be removed. I would have to live the rest of my life, which would be short if I had my way, with that ugly yet true mark.

Currently, I was sitting in a wheel chair, close to the nurses' station. My parents were signing the release forms. Honestly, I was scared to go back into the outside world, where people would judge me and put me through the same sort of torture that he put me through.

"Well! That's that. You ready to go home, Teddy?" my mom asked as Dad handed over the forms to the nurse. I didn't give a reply, just stared blankly at her. I saw disappointment flash in her eyes briefly before a smile took over her face.

Dad took hold of my wheel chair and led me out to the car park. Reaching our car, he stepped closer to me, but I tensed immediately. He must have sensed my discomfort because he quickly stepped back. It took me a bit of effort to stand but once I was standing, I could move around fairly easily. I sat down in the back and shut the door. My dad then came and took the wheel chair back to the hospital, before getting into the driver's seat, next to Mom and driving away.

By the time we reached home, I had undergone three minor panic attacks. I had seen a black van similar to the one that kidnapped me once and on the two other occasions saw two men who shared an eerie resemblance to him. I managed to control myself only because I was safe inside the locked car.

Once my dad parked the car in the driveway, my mom quickly left and opened the front door. She was very understanding about my phobia of people and she realised that it would take some time before I would trust them. Once the door was opened, I walked up to the house slowly, holding my stomach because it was starting to hurt. The pain killers were wearing off.

The structure was a small, cosy, single-story house with a huge window just above the door. The front door led to a small foyer which had a staircase leading up and two doorways. A magnificent chandelier hung from the ceiling.

"Before we do anything, Theo," my dad said. "We will be moving out of here soon. We don't want you to relive the horrible memories here so we have purchased a new house in Florida. The packers will be here tomorrow and we can leave immediately once they are done," he said with a small smile.

I could feel tears in my eyes. My dad seemed to care so much about me. I wanted to hug him, but I wasn't comfortable just yet. I nodded and made my way upstairs.

"First door on the right!" I heard my mom shout. That was probably my room. I slowly made my way to the indicated door and cautiously opened it.

The room was meticulously cleaned. There were fresh blue sheets on the bed with matching pillows. The desk, which had a laptop on it, was neatly arranged. There was a small wardrobe by the side of the bed. A door on the opposite side of the bed led to an ensuite bathroom. A small teddy bear was sitting on my bed, staring at me. I smiled ever so lightly and went and sat on my bed. I felt the bed creak to adjust to my body as I laid my head onto the pillow, staring at the white ceiling above me. I let my hands drift to my chest, touching it through the bandages, tracing the scar that lay there subconsciously. I felt the pain in my stomach intensify. I got up and slowly walked to my parents' room. I made my way to their bathroom and opened the medicine cabinet. I took a couple of painkillers but a something glinting in the light caught my eye. It was a blade. I eyed it and with a split second decision, pocketed it. I then closed the cabinet and made my way back to my room.