Mate

A mate is a werewolves life-long partner. The process of finding one goes like this:

1. Sniff Sniff. It's usually a predestined mate that is chosen by the moon goddess (A/N: like her whole role in these stories is just playing cupid smh). They find each other through smell/instincts. It's all fate.

2. Chomp Chomp. In this stage they bite each other in the nape (A/N: It's like killing titans in the nape, yea, that same spot. Except you get horny after) and scenting them with your smell (A/N: It's like this entire genre is an excuse to make an erotica with a smelling fetish. "I grunted as she let my fangs sink deep into her nap. She smells like flowers that bloom in winter, musky cinnamon from a starbucks drink, water from the pool at my mansion, and kindness, the name of a dollar store candle I just bought. Oh, she smelled so good and I'm so horny.")

3. Censored. Following the previous step is when they both do the bonk teelelelele tongue spit exchange thing shebam ugh gasp shlick schlick spurt because authors want an excuse for their characters to do the deed :)

4. (Optional) R.I.P.. It's not really part of the process but more like the cycle. This is when the significant other dies, the individual can either move or stay as a single widower.