Chapter 20 - Silvery Moonlight

Mary Jenkins's POV

We found a nice spot by the river and laid down on the grass as we bask under silvery moonlight.

"Come on over here," He said as he offered his arm for my head to rest on.

I scooped up towards him as I laid my head against his chest in his arm.

Gosh... the warmth that I could feel from his skin beneath his shirt was satisfying, and so is the scent of him.

Given our intimacy, it suddenly struck me that I have never asked for his full name or even know anything about his background.

"Leo, what's your full name?" I asked.

He hesitated for a moment before telling me, "Leonardo Perez."

"What about your family?" I asked.

He chuckled and teased me, "So now the prosecutor is running a check on me?"

I prop myself up with one hand and teased playfully at him as I laid my other hand up against his chest, "Yup, it's best your cooperate, Mr Perez."

He combed the stray tendrils of my locks behind my ears, and gazed at me as he breathed out, "Alright, you have my full compliance, my love."

My heart lurched at what he said against this beautiful face of his that glows softly under the shine of the silvery moonlight. He just never fails to charm me, every single time.

I quickly fell back into his arm because I could feel my temples warmed from the blushing. He snickered at my response.

"So... what about your family?" I fiddled my hands and asked.

He said heavily, "My parents are already dead. I'm their only child and so it's just me left. I have no family in this world, until you... Mary."

Is that why he said he was chained to his solitude?

"I'm sorry to hear that..." I looked at him, sharing the pain with him, and then I assured him, "I'm more than willing to be your family."

"Thank you, Mary," He kissed me against my forehead and that got both of us smiling at each other.

"What about... your business? What business are you into?" I asked as I interlaced my fingers with his.

"Seems like I have got a real snooper here for a girlfriend?" He chuckled. I gave him that sarcastic look and that got him surrendering to me.

"I was just a merchant who nips off peripheral money from the pharmaceutical industry. Mostly just being a middle man in the import and export business. But now, I have bagged more than enough money for retirement, that's why I'm here to settle down in the States."

"What? You're retiring at this age already?" I chuckled in an incredulous tone.

"Yea, I think it's time that I settle down and have a family of my own. Perhaps you could grant me that wish?" He raised his brows at me.

"You wish!" I tickled him and got up immediately.

"Be careful what you wish for..." Leo laughed as he got up and dusted his hands.

"You stand right there!" I warned him in chuckles from a distance.

"Ma'am, I don't think I could comply with this one," He shook his head and then he started chasing after me.

It didn't take him long for him to recapture me in his embrace, "Gotcha!"

That starlit night, under the silvery moon, was filled with hearty laughter of ours. I found my love and so did he.