27

SEPT, 22ND

[14:10]

jackson: how's your day been so far, birthday boy?

jinyoung: it's been alright

jackson: remember we've got dinner tonight with the other three

jinyoung: it'd be shitty of me to not remember, considering it is a celebration for my birthday

jinyoung: i'll wear something we picked out that day while we were shopping

jackson: ooh

jackson: you're going to look fresh and fine and absolutely delectable

jackson: it's going to be a treat

jinyoung: i'm not food, jackson, please stop calling me delectable and a treat

jackson: your body language when i call you that to your face makes me feel like you do like me calling you a delectable treat

jackson: i'll pick you up at 6?

jinyoung: okay :) see you then xx

"You look a lot like my dinner tonight," Jackson comments, window rolled down. He shoots a suggestive wink in Jinyoung's direction.

Jinyoung cringes visibly, climbing into the passenger seat. "We need to take a closer look at your cannibalistic tendencies, it's getting very worrying." He buckles his seat belt. "And that's not as good of a pick up line as you think it is, so please stop."

They arrive at the restaurant at a quarter past six; Jackson ends up parking his car next to Jaebeom's.

After a chorus of happy birthdays from the four of them and a grateful thank you accompanied by an even more gratuitous smile from Jinyoung, they settle down and quickly order their dishes.

It's been a while since Jinyoung's hung out with all of them as a group, so it feels nice to meet up and have a chat over dinner. Jinyoung's birthday is really an excuse for them to hang out again. As the night goes on, they share laughter and embarrassing stories, recounting blissful memories, and memories that probably should have never seen the light of day again (but here they are, bringing them up for old time's sake). Jinyoung ends up drinking more liquor than he usually does while Jackson tries to stop him from drinking too much, in case he ends up bent over a toilet bowl for the rest of the night.

The image of that is enough to hold Jinyoung back. It's his birthday, and he would like to stay away from the bathroom, thank you very much.

Jackson, on the other hand, refuses to drink even a drop of alcohol because he's the designated driver and he's not exactly keen on getting his licence taken off of him for drunk driving ("Endangering people's lives on the road because you're an irresponsible prick who drank too much should get you a lifetime sentence in jail, point blank period. Fuck people who are drunk drivers, I can write a whole essay about it if I wanted to, with Harvard referencing and all," Jackson rants).

At one point, Jinyoung leans into Jackson's ear, whispering something about how hot he is to have so much restraint while his hand slides up Jackson's thighs, squeezing shamelessly, tantalisingly. He's sent into a fit of laughter with the other three when Jackson's face glows bright red at the unexpected move, and he grins to himself, knowing Jackson's definitely not going to let him get away with that.

"So how's university holding up for you guys?" Mark questions, taking a drag of beer.

"It's our last semester and I don't share any classes with Jinyoung, so it's pretty upsetting," Jackson answers, stacking a hand over Jinyoung's and interlacing their fingers. He glances over at him, as if daring him to make another bold move.