Something Off

Crashing through the doors with all the shopping, not letting Joey handle even one bag, it was clear that he was overly excited about this move. Not that she could blame him, after all it had been a tough few months since the loss of Jen and their whole group of friends, especially Jack, was still in a deep pit of darkness.

That was the whole reason why they had decided to make the move in the first place. They thought that a change of scenery would do them good, and they were right.

Since moving, she had felt a lot better and she could tell by his behaviour, that Pacey did too.

Before she even closed the door, he had bounced off into the kitchen with the bags, tossing items of food from his left hand to his right before packing them away. By the time she reached the kitchen, which was only a matter of seconds, he'd already finished emptying the bags. She couldn't help but laugh at the handyman that Pacey had become.

"So...." He began, leaving her stood confused for a moment before he continued, "Let me see those pictures." He requested boldly.

Then she suddenly remembered the photo with the shadow in it. She began to wonder if it were real or not.

Well...only one way to find out. She thought to herself as she took his hand led him to where the laptop was perched on the table.

Flicking through the images on screen, she paused for a moment, lingering on the picture before the shadow one. She then hesitantly pressed the arrow to flick to the next picture. Once she did, the picture came up.

Pacey wasn't oblivious, he had noticed the hesitation before she pressed the button. Though he wondered what it was all about, he glanced at the image on the screen and saw it for himself.

"Probably a trick of the light." He shrugged it off.

"But what if it really is a..." She began but then stopped mid-sentence.

All her life, she had never considered herself to be a believer....until now. The picture had made her question everything that she thought she knew. But she would never, ever admit that.

"Oh come on! No! There's no such thing as..." Nope! Not even he could bring himself to say the word, because as much as he didn't want to believe it....something told him that it was real.

That it was something dark and uninviting.

Slamming the laptop shut, he dismissed that thought immediately.

"Now, how about we forget about our little....photo bomber and catch up with that show." He suggested lightly.

"Well it is an extremely great show..." She said considerately, half smiling.

"Okay then." With that being said, he trailed off into the bedroom to fetch the DVD and returning seconds later.

Within minutes they were settled down on the sofa with popcorn, milkshake and their latest TV show buzz.....Supernatural.

Just as the Kansas song began at the beginning of the episode, there was a fuzz and a crackle before the TV screen went blank with nothing but static.

"Uh...I don't think that's part of the episode." Pacey sarcastically commented before getting up from where he was sat and unplugging the TV and getting ready to take a look at it.

"Is it fixable?" Joey asked curiously, trying to peek over his shoulder.

"Sure it is. Turns out that it was just a blown fuse. All I have to do is replace it with another. Easy peasy. I'll have it done in minutes." He explained, sounding slightly cocky.

"Okay well I'll go dig out the tub of fuses that you have collected." She informed him before walking over to the last box that was yet to be unpacked and beginning to dig through it, eventually pulling out the little tupperware container and bringing it back over to where Pacey was sprawled on the floor.

"I'll have this fixed in no time." He announced proudly.

Unfortunately for him, their photo bomber had other ideas...