Escalating Problem

"This is impossible!" Pacey almost yelled in frustration and started hammering the TV with the palm of his hand, cursing under his breath.

"Why don't you take a break from that?" Joey suggested, waving a cup of hot coco in his face.

He closed his eyes, breathing in the sweet smell of chocolate, mixed with her natural scent and instantly became calmer.

"Well I have been at this for three and a half hours." He stated, and gave the TV one final slam with his hand.

This time, as his hand made contact with the plastic, there was a loud bang and before he could grasp what was happening, sparks began flying from the TV, giving him a rather startling and forceful static shock.

Having felt as though he had put his hand on a hot stove, he jerked away and jumped to his feet, letting Joey pull him away.

She had impeccable timing, because just as she pulled him away, a thick black smoke came from it. The smoke quickly turned into bright orange and reddish flames.

Totally freaked out by how a simple fuse problem turned into a whole kerfuffle, he ran to the kitchen and grabbed a tea towel that was left on the counter top. He then ran back to the front room and began repeatedly whacking the flaming object with it until the flames ceased and there was only smoke.

"We have to get that thing out of here!" Joey stated, frozen in shock.

Pacey nodded in agreement.

"But how? We can't carry it down three flights of stairs!" He said.

"I don't know." She exclaimed, trying her best to come up with a solution.

Then he came up with, what was possibly the craziest idea ever...his only hope was that no one was walking by the window below. With that in mind, he grabbed the TV, despite the heat burning his fingers and the smoke going up his nose, and lobbed it straight out of the window. He watched as it crashed to the ground below with a huge crash and smashing sounds, and then dusted his hands off.

He turned around to face Joey, who's mouth was wide with shock, and he grinned.

"Can always count on me to get the job done." He proudly claimed.

After a moment of just being stood staring at him, completely speechless, she finally was able to gather her words.

"I cannot believe that you just did that." She said in disbelief and then laughed at him.

Just one question was nagging at both of their minds...

How the hell did one simple problem escalate into something much bigger....disastrous even?