Chapter 1

Annyeong!! („ᵕᴗᵕ„) This is my first book of sorts! Please be kind and feedback is always appreciated. This will be a series of chapters that will be updated whenever I'm able to!!

All characters and scenarios in my story are completely fictitious.

No trigger warnings will be needed for the story aside from the possibility of some smut here and there, but other than that hopefully a wholesome story! Enjoy :D

BAM WENT MY HEART

Chapter 1

It was a bitterly cold morning as Y/N rolled out of bed. Her bangs lightly swept across her forehead, just grazing the tips of her eyelashes. A cool breeze drifted through the slightly cracked window, sending an unpleasant chill through her body. A loud groan emitted from the pursed lips of the now curled up Y/N.

In one swift movement, she attempted to envelop herself within her covers and waddled her way downstairs.

"Soybean paste..stew.." A deep breath followed by a heavy sigh escapes her lips as she claps her hands together in pure bliss. The most pleasant aroma floating around the air had slipped Y/N into a rather jovial mood.

"ABUJI!?" Y/N yelled out in curiosity, unaware of her dad's whereabouts.

Up sprang the rather tall, middle-aged man from behind the kitchen counter. His hands filled with vegetables.

"Ah, Y/N! Awake already?" he exclaimed leaping towards his daughter with a wide grin painted across his lips.

"I know..I know. Aren't I the most thoughtful father? I work so hard to make sure my precious daughter lives a comfortable life. I wonder if you're going to take care of me as well as this in my old age." he scoffed, sucking his teeth.

Patting Y/N on the back, he motioned towards the table which had been set for breakfast for the two of them. The dishes consisted of all Y/N's favourites : soybean paste stew, hamburger steak and a bowl of warm rice.

Evidently her dad was in a good mood, and she knew just why. Rather than being overcome with excitement, a wave of uneasiness washed over Y/N, butterflies filled her chest and suddenly the thought of eating seemed to worsen her mood. Overcome with anxiety, she prodded at her bowl of rice, lost in thought.

A hushed sigh slipped from her lips as she peered up at her beaming dad.

He was an odd man for sure, at times he was quite eccentric and others very stern. Despite that, Y/N knew it was out of love and sympathy. After losing her mother, her father tried to the best of his ability to give Y/N the most stable and comfortable life he could. With the help of a little cafe, he was able to do just that.

Y/N knew exactly how much of a sacrifice he'd made in order to send her to the university of her choice. Seoul University of Art to be exact, and make no mistake Y/N worked tirelessly to ensure her place was well earned.

"Are you ready Y/N? Ah, after months and months of preparation you must be anticipating the exhibition! Everyone is counting on you, don't let your nerves get the better of you or it will all be for nothing!!" As her father continued his babbling, Y/N spaced out momentarily, recalling the disaster of a week she's had; a series of infuriating sessions and classes in preparation for the art classes upcoming exhibition. Countless nights of sleep had been lost in order to bring her concept to life through her art piece, but it was proving to be most challenging.

She slumped back in her chair once again, plastering an enervated smile across her slightly parted lips. "Of course, I wouldn't want to let anyone down. I'm the best at what i do, you know that." Y/N scoffed, folding her arms across her chest as she leaned back in her chair.