Chapter 8

While I was walking in the court premises, I knocked into someone. Muttering a sorry I turned to leave only to be grabbed by someone.
'what the hell man?' I said angrily looking at the creep.

It was him. Mr Akash Tripathi. The brown eyes that I've been trying to forget was looking at me with so much intensity.

'Mr Tripathi' I gasped, trying to remove his hand that was holding my right arm.

' shravani ' he said still not removing his hand. ' we need to talk'

'okay ? But first you need to leave my hand' I said looking angrily. He just looked amused. I was burning holes at him, even though I had a crush on him,Im not going to let any man, mistreat me. 'let go off me' i screamed at him, trying to free my hand.

'fine' he huffed.

We walked to the coffee shop nearby. And ordered something to drink.

'speak up, what is that you wanted to talk about ' I said curiously.
He looked at me with a glint in his eyes and smirked at me before talking.

'Do I need to get permission to talk to my own wife now?' he said smiling at me.

Wait,what? It was like someone had dropped a bucket of ice of me. I stared at him to make sure that he wasnt lying.

'who the hell are you?' I asked him scared. Is he the one I'm thinking of. No he can't be.

'you very well know who I am minion' he said cracking his knuckles. We were having a lot of attention on us, since this man here was downright good looking and famous. We had to maintain our cool otherwise we will be spotted in the paper next day.

'no no it can't be ,you can't be him'. I said shaking. He was alive all this time and how did he manage to become a billionaire. And how did he find me. How did he know it's me when I couldn't recognize me.

'oh minion, you couldn't recognize your own husband,' he said coldly.

'husband?' I spat. 'you ain't my husband mr.'

'you can't deny the truth ' he said sipping his coffee.

'look there's some confusion, I'm leaving ' I said grabbing my bag. I didn't want to face this nonsense now. I'm perfectly fine with the way I'm living and I didn't to face want my past. It's over.

'Dont you walk out on me' he hissed grabbing my hand and he looked at me angrily. He was intimidating but I'm not going to get scared of him.

'you are my wife and I have come to take back what's rightfully mine'

I scoffed. 'remember you were the coward who ran away ,now why did you come back'

'I was just a teenager, I was forced into something that I never wanted. My family was stupid and I hated them. Their stupid traditions ,heck I didn't even know your name.i was so angry that I kept throwing alot of tantrums but still they forced me to marry you. The only way I was able to escape that terrible life was to run away and I did and I don't regret it ' he said relaxing on the chair and looking out of the window in a painful way.

' don't regret it? You selfish bastard , you cared only about yourself. You will never understand what I went through' I said angrily. ' I don't want to be your wife ,so just leave me alone'

' if you don't want to be my wife ,why are you still wearing the wedding chain' he asked mischievously.

How did he know that? As If understanding my thoughts. He shoved his phone into my hand which showed a picture of me showing my chain to that man who kept bothering me.

'you freaking stalker' I got more angry now.

'easy there minion ,I did a background check but I didn't know you had such a temper ,equal to mine' he smiled. 'that day I saw you at the court I recognized you immediately,you haven't changed even a bit'

'look here Mr. I don't have to explain to you why I kept wearing that thing ,but leave me alone ,I don't want to be your wife. And if you think me wearing that ,makes me your wife ,I'm going to remove it this instance ' I said angrily. I took the chain out of my blouse and tried to remove it.

'dont you dare' he said loudly ,anger visible on his face. I gulped ,this man was scarier than I thought.

'you are my wife, you are Shravani Shriakash, this will never change ,no matter how much you try to. we are married according to our culture but not married legally. I want to marry you legally' he said.

'but I don't want to, you can't just demand me to obey your orders, find some girl to marry ,leave me alone' I said getting up. I didn't even look at his face. I was confused ,scared and angry. I didn't know what to do.

This man was the most arrogant and coldest person I've ever met. He looks like a man who would get anything he wants. When he could have any woman why was he behind me. What does he want me. He is freaking rich and girls would just throw their selves at him. So why me. He ran away to escape this marriage and now why does he want it.

With so many thoughts running in my head I went home. I didn't know if I should tell my parents about it.