Chapter 9

I was confused, I need to talk my parents about this. Two days I kept thinking and thinking,I didn't know how to avoid him or escape this situation. Everyone thought I was sick since I didn't go to work for two days. But it wasn't that I didn't want to go to work knowing that devil might come there.

Deciding to talk to my parents , I walked down the stairs to only hear another voice chatting and laughing. And that voice seemed so familiar. And that's when I saw him seated comfortably and his arm around atharv anna's shoulder. What is going on here.

'oh Shravani come here, ' atharv anna said cheerfully. 'meet my college friend akash'

The devil looked at me amused. And his eyes wandered all over me. Just then I realized why. I was wearing a oversized pyjama top with one of atharv anna's huge shorts. What? Don't look at me like that guys. Their shorts are so comfy and I steal them most of the time. I looked like a hobo, and my hair looked like a big mess cz I had just put in a loose bun and most of the hair strands were out of it.

'i think you should get dressed' my mother pinched my ears.

'you look like a cartoon' parthiv anna laughed and atharv anna joined him laughing.

My cheeks burned of embarrassment and I ran to my room.

'boys! ' my dad yelled.

I ran to my room, and closed the door while trying to calm my heartbeat. I kept my hands on my head , and thought. He is my brother's friend. What the hell. This is getting so complicated now.

After getting dressed decently. I mean I wore a shalwar cz I wanted to go-to the kovil. That place will calm my nerves.

When I went down, I couldn't meet anyone's eyes.

'Maa I'm going to the kovil ' I said hurriedly walking out.

'wait shravani' akash said out of nowhere. 'why are you running '

'Okay, what's happening guys, shravu' stay here, something is definitely wrong with you for the past few days and akash how do you know shravani' atharv anna said looking confused.

' she hasn't told y'all yet,is it' akash said putting his hands on his pockets.

'hasnt told what son?' my father asked.

'she is my wife uncle ' he said nervously afraid to look at Mr.keshav.

'What?! When did you get married sister' parthiv anna started yelling and atharv was questioning akash. Only ananditha understood what was happening.

'stop it boys' anu said.

'this is indeed our shravu's husband, remember from her past'

And from that started chaos. Everyone was shouting at each other. And atharv was trying to punch Akash. Where as my father was trying to stop him. And then I was just standing there crying silently and not knowing what to do. Stop being a cry baby shravu' this is not you I said to myself.

'stop it everyone' I shouted and pulled atharv off akash.

'look mr tripathi I already told you I don't want to be your wife ,so why did you come here and create problems' I said shivering.

' I'm not taking no for an answer shravani, I'm a man of principles and I have had only one woman in my entire life and that's you. What re you being so stubborn. Give me a chance' he said looking at my eyes. I looked away not being able to handle his eyes. They make me nervous.

'Can we all sit down and talk like adults' my father said massaging his temples.

'now tell me son, ' my father asked Akash. And Akash went on to narrate all what he told me and all what happened between us.