Unlikely

2 weeks later
----

"Four visits a month isn't enough for me." Vixen says, kissing my head. "I love you, baby. You be safe, alright?"

"Always." I say, kissing him again.

"I love you, Bee. Be good for mama okay?"

"Dada.." she calls out to him, poking out her lip, starting to cry.

"I know, baby, I know. Daddy loves you. I'll see you soon." he says, leaving a long kiss on her head, smiling as he runs his thumb across the side of her head, feeling on her hair. I put Aleah in her stroller and she cries so hard, her face starts to turn red.

She gets like this every time we have to go.

He stands up, putting his hands behind his back, letting the guards cuff him. "King, take care of her for me." he says, looking at King.

"Gotcha boss." he says, nodding to Vixen as they take him away. When the doors shut, and the buzzers buzz, we turn around and head to the exit, Aleah crying for her dad as we walk away.

We get in the car and Aleah's still crying and it makes me emotional seeing how much she misses him, sniffling as tears start to fall from my eyes. I shut my door as King gets in next to me, tapping the chauffeur's seat to tell him to go, and I wipe Aleah's wet face as she simmers down, dozing off.

"I'm sorry it has to be like this." I say, softly rubbing the arch in her eyebrow, sniffling. I kiss her head as we drive back to the house.

Me and King get back to the house and I go upstairs, and I start to pack my bags. "I've got it. You shouldn't be lifting anything too heavy, or anything at all, especially because you've got twins." King says, grabbing my bags and packing them for me.

Hours later, on the jet, I wake up to a heavy contraction, making me inhale sharply, breathing heavily and gripping my armrest. "Mmm!" I hum, tapping my foot to calm myself.

"Kyla?" King calls out, checking on me.

"I'm okay. I promise." I say, steadily breathing out and calming down. Fourty-five minutes later, we get off the jet and I pause on my way over to the car, contracting again.

"Another one?" King asks, getting worried.

"I'm fine. I'm... I'm fine." I say to him.

"Maybe we should call Mia." he says, pulling out his phone.

"I guess, I doubt anything'll happen tonight though. I don't want to call for nothing." I say, walking to the car.

"Nothing's never nothing when you're expecting. I know that for a fact."

"Okay. Fine, we'll call her. She can stay for a week just in case anything happens."

"Fine by me."

Hours later, Mia's already here and everyone's asleep, including me. I wake up to a contraction and I look at the time. Seven minutes exactly. They're getting closer. I call Mia into the room and she comes in and flicks on the light.

"What's the matter? What are you feeling?"

"My contraction are getting closer, this one was seven minutes after my last one."

"Oooh okay. I'll stay up here with you. You could go into labor at any time now. Let me check your dilation really quick. Give me a second." she says.

She runs to get her gloves and then she sticks her fingers inside me to check my cervix. She slips them out and I raise my eyebrow, waiting for her word. "Your water hasn't broken yet, has it?"

"No, why?"

"Because it's about to."

"What?" I say, sitting up.

"You can stay in bed for now, but as soon as the contractions get worse or closer together, we need you in that bathtub, alright?" she says, slipping her gloves off and putting them in the trash.

"Okay.. yeah." I say, lost in thought. Vixen won't be here to see his babies born. I won't have him by my side through all this. Mia rubs my back, as if reading my mind.

"It's gonna be alright. You're strong." she says.

The door bell suddenly rings and my head shoots up.

"Who's that?" I say, looking at Mia.

"I could ask you the same." she replies.

I get up and I waddle downstairs. I open the door and a familiar figure stands in front of me, their back facing me. He has on a long-sleeve navy blue shirt and his hair is draped over the back of his neck, wavy and soft, and his hands are in his sweatpant pockets. Tears start to fall as I analyze more of his features. He turns around and I see a face I never expected to see. I run into his arms and I cry harder than ever, hugging my husband hard and tight.

He hugs me tight, laughing as his breath hitches in his throat. I can tell he's on the verge of crying.

"Why are you here? How are you here?" I ask him, shocked.

"Someone bailed me out. It was damn near a million dollars, but my bail was only four hundred thousand."

"That's a hefty amount." I say, laughing as I cry on his shoulder.

"I'd just gotten notified that I could get out on bail, and as soon as there was a price, it got paid. I'm guessing that my bail was so much because I'm a mafia criminal, and because it's a rich prison. It wasn't too bad though."

Then something hits. "Bail? When did they give you an amount?"

"Just today. I just wonder who bailed me out."

"I don't know and I honestly don't care. You're here now. We're finally together again and I couldn't be happier." I say, crying and smiling, still unable to believe he's here.

Suddenly I get another gut wrenching pain in my stomach and lower back, making me pull away and moan in pain. As that happens, I hear a flush of water hit the floor and my eyes go wide as I realize my water just broke. I start to fall to my knees and Vixen grabs me and holds me up as he sits down with me, sitting in the puddle of fluid, but he doesn't seem to care as he holds me in his arms.

"Is Mia here?" he asks urgently.

"Mmm.." I reply, the pain preventing me from speaking.

"Mia!" he yells. She rushes down and her eyes go wide as she helps Vixen pick me up.

"Welcome back. We're glad to have you back in the house."

"Unlikely circumstances." he replies.