1

"oops sorry! my bad" i exclaimed after i just smacked into another doctor. this was my first day of my internship and i was already making a bad first impression.

i quickly hurried down the hallways to dr. loomis office. i knocked politely and quietly let myself in.

i saw him just sitting at his desk going through some pretty important papers as it seems. "dr. loomis i apologize for being so late." i said, feeling out of breath from hurrying over here.

he smiled and got up from his desk. "it's a pleasure to finally meet you (y/n), and in fact you happen to be just in time to meet him.."

him being michael, the sociopath that made headlines and skyrocketed dr. loomis to a life of fame "yeah myers seems like a real character." i say sarcastically followed by an awkward laugh.

"go ahead and leave your stuff here and come with me." he said making his way to the door. i carefully placed my bag on his desk and followed him out.

"doctor, i've been hearing about michael for a while now. this kind of case should need a more intensive care facility." i say. his eyes widened slightly, "yes as i've been saying! michael is one of the most dangerous people i've ever observed, and we need to use all opportunities to hold him or else things could go bad."

we get to michaels room where there's two security guards standing outside.

"sorry lady, a little fragile woman like you shouldn't be allowed near this maniac" the tall security guard smirked at me. i raised my eyebrows, "that's literally the only reason i'm here" i rolled my eyes.

loomis gave the man a small lecture about treating his partners with disrespect to which the security guard just laughed following by a short 'whatever'.

we walked inside and immediately was welcomed with a colorful array of masks hanging around the room.
"michael i'd like to introduce you to my newest assistant, (y/n)." loomis didn't seem scared of michael as that was probably because he saw him grow up.

michael peered up at me through the holes of his orange pumpkin mask. i smile as warmly as i could at him although i was scared shitless.
"i'm looking forward to working with you michael."

he blankly stared at the two of us. going well for somewhat of a first impression.
"mikey is probably happy a chick with a huge ass will be coming to see him. i thought his virgin ass would never see the light of day." the security guards laughed and made fun of michael. "excuse me?? do you really think that's appropriate to say?!" i turned my head and yelled. "even if it's my first day i can see what pieces of shit the both of you are." i quickly shut up as loomis looked over at me.

the last thing i wanted to do was lose my internship on my first day.
thankfully he said nothing and began explaining michaels room and how he hasn't spoken for 12 years.
i tried to pay attention but i was busy focusing on michaels features... his long tangled hair, the way he was chained up, the structure of his body. he just looked utterly broken and misunderstood. i wanted to understand him and give him the help he needs.

his eyes moved and looked directly at my eyes. i internally freaked out and direct my attention somewhere else. loomis described looking at his eyes as looking at a soulless figure. but i saw that 6-year old boy who just needed love.

we left the room and loomis gave me a tour of the facility.
he introduced my office which was right across from his. it had my name near the door and looked really professional.

i had brought my items from loomis's office and into mine. after that, i closed the door and immediately started geeking out. i was so happy i finally have my own office for an occupation i really loved.