Chapter 1

Larry had come home early one morning from his shift at the museum. It was really quite dull at night now that the exhibits were no longer able to come to life.
He went to bed despite it being just the beginning of the day. He didn't care, and he slept for hours. The loud ringing of his cell phone woke him, and he answered with a yawn. "Hello?"
It was his boss, Dr. McPhee. The man's squeaky British accent filled Larry's ears and he winced back from the phone.
"Larry, we're making a deal with the British museum. They'll have some of their most famous exhibits presented temporarily at our museum for a week, and I need you down there to help with putting them in the correct spots." McPhee said.
"Yeah, okay I'll go do that. Bye." Larry hung up and stretched as he stood. His brain was still slow and hadn't quite processed what his boss had said to him.
When his brain had caught up, his eyes went wide and excitement filled his veins. That meant Ahkmanrah was coming back for a week, and with him the tablet that brought everyone to life.
      He'd get to see his friends again after three long and lonely years. Larry rushed to the museum and put on his night guard outfit, jamming his flashlight into its holster and his keys into his pocket.
      People from the British museum came and moved certain exhibits to places Larry told them they went. Ahkmanrah was the last one moved in, and the night guard made sure he was put into where he used to be, the tablet back into its hieroglyphic wall.
      The people from the British museum left and Larry stood alone in the room that held Ahkmanrah. He pushed the stone back from his tomb to make sure the Egyptian king could get out of his tomb when night fell.
      He glanced at his watch. Ten seconds. Nine. Eight. Larry remembered that Rex was always first to wake up, so he rushed over to the tall boney dinosaur.
      Rex's body shivered as he came to life, spotting Larry and happily wiggling around. He grabbed his bone from his rib cage and dropped it with a loud thud at Larry's feet.
      Larry threw it for him, smiling as the dinosaur ran off to collect it. It was great to be back.
      Down in the hall of miniatures, the little men and woman were waking up. Jedediah straightened his hat and gazed around. He was back, he was alive again. A grin spread across his stubbled face, and he didn't think as he leapt to the floor in a rush to find his Roman friend.
      Apparently, Octavius had the same idea and had also jumped from his little city. "JEDEDIAH!" He yelled in glee when he spotted his cowboy friend, a large smile spreading over his face.
      "OCTAVIUS!" Jedediah shouted back, running at full speed towards him. The two men collided into a hug, happy grins plastered onto their faces.
      "We are alive again!" Octavius laughed giddily.
      "Yeah! Must mean that Ahkmanrah's back!" Jedediah responded with a smile. "How long y'think it's been?" The cowboy asked.
      "Hmm...I'm not quite sure. Do you think Larry still works here?" Octavius questioned, tapping a finger to his chin.
      "I dunno, but let's find out!" Jedediah clapped Octavius on the shoulder and dashed as fast as his little legs could carry him towards the main entrance. The tiny Roman emperor was quick to run after him.
      They were practically at the main entrance room when Jedediah suddenly stopped, causing Octavius to run directly into him. He grabbed the cowboy's shoulders to stop himself from falling.
      He peered around Jedediah and looked at a huge bone on the ground. "AY! GIGANTOUR!" Jedediah yelled up at the night guard that was standing merely ten feet away, shaking his tiny fist.
      "Y'ALMOST HIT US!" He shouted. Larry heard them and came over, crouching down on the ground after Rex had taken the bone away to chew on it.
      "Hey Jed, Hey Oct, how are you guys doing?" Larry said with a smile.
      "Very wonderful now that we are alive again." Octavius smiled back.
      "Ay what's been goin on? Why're we suddenly alive again?" Jedediah asked, pointing a tiny finger at Larry's face.
      "Oh! The British museum is displaying a few of their most popular exhibits here for a week, and Ahkmanrah and his parents happen to be some of them." Larry grinned.
      "He's here for...a week?" Octavius's smile dropped and he looked up at Larry in despair.
      "Ah, I knew it was too good t'be true. Well hey! A week is better'n nothin at all. So let's cause havoc as much as possible!" Jedediah grinned, raising his fists into the air.
      "I suppose you are right, let us enjoy all we are able to." Octavius's smile returned, a hint of sadness lingering in his eyes.
      "Hey, why don't we have a party to lighten the mood? Nick became a great DJ and everyone needs a little fun." Larry offered with a hopeful smile at the two little men.
      "Hell yeah! I'm up for that any day, how bout you Octy?" Jedediah patted a hand onto his friend's shoulder.
      "I think that's a wonderful idea, let's go get everyone!" Octavius grinned.
      The three went and told everyone they were celebrating the week they had, and the whole museum partied all night long until the sun rose again.
      Nick taught Ahkmanrah how to use the DJ instruments and buttons.
      Jedediah had managed to climb onto Nick's DJ set and tilted his head in curiosity at the device full of buttons that glowed neon colours.
      He spotted the disc that spun around and around. His eyes lit up as an idea came to his head. "Ay Octy! Come check this thingy out." Jedediah called down from the table to his friend.
      "Oh there you are Jedediah! I was wondering where you'd disappeared off to so quickly." Octavius responded, beginning to climb up the table.
      When he was near the top, Jedediah reached down and grasped his hand tightly, pulling him up so quickly that he was pulled into the cowboy.
      His helmet was knocked forwards and he couldn't see. He felt his hands were on something firm and warm. Jedediah pushed his helmet back in place and Octavius saw he had his hands pressed against Jedediah's chest, their noses almost touching.
      "Sorry! I-I couldn't see! My helmet was..." the man awkwardly trailed off, face flushed in embarrassment.
      Jedediah seemingly ignored what had just happened and grabbed Octavius excitedly by his wrist.
      "Come check this thingy out! It just keeps goin round and round." Jedediah said. He hopped onto the disc, dragging the Roman emperor with him.
      The two had fun, twisting the disc to make it stop and go, or to make it rewind or skip forwards. This was the first night of seven that the museum had, and Jedediah insisted to himself that he'd make it last.