Chapter 3

"Now looking down, I don't think it's a good idea to do this..." Octavius and Jedediah stood on the railing of the stairs, gazing down.
      The end curved up so that they'd go flying if they weren't able to stop themselves. "Hmm...I'll do it anyways." Jedediah grinned and sat down, giving himself a push with his hands.
      "Jed no-!" Octavius reached out to try and stop him, hand hooking onto his vest. Unfortunately, he got pulled forwards and rammed into Jedediah, causing them to go faster.
      Octavius clung onto the cowboy in fear of flying off, arms wrapped firmly around his waist. Jedediah used one hand to hold himself steady on the railing, the other whipping his hat in the air as he yelled in glee.
      "YEEE-HAW! THIS IS AWESOME!!" He cheered. "DON'T YA THINK OCTY?" He added, slightly turning his head to look at the Roman, blonde hair whipping into his own face.
      Octavius found it quite frightening, but refused to act as such a coward. "Y-YES, VERY EXHILARATING!" The Roman emperor responded with a slight stutter to his voice.
      "You ain't scared, are ya?" Jedediah asked, picking up the quiver in his voice as if he had a sensor for fear.
"NO! Of course not!" Octavius lied. Jedediah nodded but still thought he was lying, especially since the Roman's arms were laced so tight around his waist.
"Here comes the bottom!" Jedediah grinned excitedly. Octavius closed his eyes and buried his face into the cowboy's shoulder.
The two went soaring what felt like a hundred miles an hour off the railing, Octavius thinking this was how they'd actually die.
The two screamed, Jedediah in glee and Octavius in fear. Then, there was a sudden soft landing as someone caught them in their hands.
Octavius's helmet flew off and somewhere onto the floor. Jedediah's hat was flung backwards and landed on Octavius's head.
The two miniatures sat up in their crumpled mess of arms and legs, untangling from each other and both slightly blushing as they turned to see who had caught them.
Sacagawea looked down at them, her head tilted curiously. "You two know that is very dangerous for your size, I suggest you don't do that." She said, offering them a small smile.
"Uh, yeah, that's my bad." Jedediah half grinned, glancing at Octavius. "Hey, where'd yer helmet go, Oct?" He asked, taking his hat from the Roman's soft brown hair.
"I'm not quite sure, it's on the ground somewhere." Octavius responded, leaning slightly over Sacagawea's hand to scan the floor for the metal object.
The indigenous woman held out her other hand for Octavius to climb onto, then lowered him to the ground, but still held Jedediah.
"While your friend searches for his helmet, may I ask you something?" Sacagawea questioned the small cowboy.
Jedediah shrugged. "Sure I guess, shoot away." He said.
She walked out of earshot of the little Roman emperor, and looked at Jedediah with a serious expression.
"I just have happened to notice that you seem a bit off today, is everything alright?" Sacagawea asked with concern lacing her features.
Jedediah thought he was hiding it quiet well, but apparently she could see right through him. "Yeah, definitely." Jedediah lied, crossing his arms uncomfortably and glancing to the side to look at Octavius.
He was searching along the ground for his helmet, arms behind his back as he walked along the floor of the museum.
Jedediah's longing glances to the Roman didn't go unnoticed however, and it got Sacagawea curious. "You do not happen to...well, be in love with Octavius, do you?" She asked cautiously, knowing how harsh his timeline had been to gays.
Jedediah finally turned to fully face her, face red and looking ticked off. "What! Now why would- that's not how it works! I-It's a sin, that ain't right!" Jedediah yelled, looking quite uncertain himself.
Sacagawea sighed, feeling sorry for the tiny cowboy and his obvious feelings. "But Jedediah, it is not a sin, what makes you think such a way?" She asked.
"It's written in the bible, and anyone who is that kinda man or woman will get burnt at the stake for betraying' god!" Jedediah huffed, crossing his arms and refusing to even glance at Octavius again.
"If you were to analyze your book of belief, you'd see it doesn't actually state that, and times have changed, most people accept gays nowadays, I think it's time you and your town did too." Sacagawea said.
By the blush and look of deep thought on Jedediah's face, she knew she'd at least made him reconsider his feelings towards his Roman friend. "It ain't right." He repeated, not wanting to admit it to himself.
Sacagawea sighed again. "Well, please just analyze your bible, and you will see there really is nothing against it. Promise me you'll at least look through it?" She said.
Jedediah hesitated for a few moments, before slumping in defeat. "Fine, I'll read the damn thing over again." He said with a dismissive wave of his hand.
Sacagawea let forth a gentle smile. "Thank you," she said. "Now, it is almost morning so you and Octavius should be running back to your places." She placed the cowboy on the ground.
"See ya." Jedediah said, still mostly in thought and not even glancing at her.
"Goodbye." She responded, turning and leaving towards her place.
Jedediah started walking back, and noticed his friends helmet on the ground. He picked it up, the metal slightly heavy in his gloved hands.
He spotted the Roman around three feet away, and walked over. "Hey Octy, I found your helmet." The cowboy said. Octavius stood up straight and smiled at his friend.
"Oh, thank you Jedediah, I was worried I wouldn't be able to find it before sunrise." Octavius thanked, reaching out to take the helmet.
Jedediah couldn't resist the urge to tease him, pulling his helmet out or reach and grinning cheekily. "Catch me first." He said, then dashed off towards the hall of miniatures.
He climbed into his western town, Octavius about to climb after him when the one minute warning went off.
"Come get it t'morrow!" Jedediah called with a teasing smiled down to the Roman. Octavius sent him a playful glare, and then climbed into his Roman city.
The sun rose after Jedediah had his Octavius's helmet so tourists wouldn't see it and get curious. Everyone froze, excited for the upcoming nights they had left.