Chapter 4

The third night when the sun went down and the moon rose up, the museum exhibits came back to life. Jedediah collected Octavius's helmet from where he had hid it and climbed down to meet his Roman friend.
Octavius was currently at the edge of his town, talking to a citizen. It was apparent he was about to leave when this person had stopped him to talk.
Jedediah waited for Octavius to come down, eyes gazing at the helmet in his gloved hands. He was reminded that Sacagawea had said to re-analyze the bible, but he didn't do it. He had the damned book memorized. He already realized there really wasn't anything against gays.
Even if there was, Jedediah didn't care anymore. People were who they were and it was time everyone accepted it. The little cowboy got an idea while Octavius was busy.
He climbed back into his town and called a meeting, grabbing the black covered book he had and holding it with him.
"I called y'all here right now cuz miz Sacagawea wanted me to talk to everyone bout somethin'." Jedediah called over everyone.
"So, before ya get angry hear me out, kay?" He said, hoping his town would listen to him. "After careful consideration and if you actually look for it, you won't find nothin against bein gay in the bible, it's just a misconception." Jedediah said nervously.
He could tell he'd definitely gotten everybody's curiosity, most looking at him as if he were stupid. "Go ahead. Look for it, ya won't find nothin. All I'm saying is that Sacagawea convinced me that it ain't a sin, it ain't bad, and y'all should god damned accept it." Jedediah said.
"An I know for a fact that at least a few of y'all are gay, there's no way nobody in this town ain't." With a little nod, he hopped off of the crate he had been standing on top of and left to go find Octavius, throwing his bible to one of the townsfolk to analyze.
His boots made a little clunk on the smooth floor as he jumped down from his town. He looked up as he straightened his hat and almost jumped back when he saw Octavius was right there.
"Hey Octy, want yer helmet back?" Jedediah gave him a teasing grin and held out the metal object to the Roman.
Octavius gave him a small glare, wondering if he might run away with it again. "Are you just going to steal it again?" He asked, eyes still squinted.
Jedediah let out a chuckle and placed the helmet on Octavius's head. "Nah, whatcha wanna do today, Octy?" He asked, resting his hands against his hips as he gave a curious look to the Roman.
"I'm not sure." Octavius replied. Jedediah started walking towards the main lobby.
"Let's just walk and we'll find somethin to do." He said. Octavius nodded in agreement and walked beside him.
"By the way...I uh, heard what you were talking about to your townsfolk..." Octavius trailed off, not entirely sure if he should bring up the subject.
     "What bout it?" Jedediah asked, raising an eyebrow and giving Octavius a look that just dared him to say something mean about it.
     "I-I just think it was very good of you to do such a noble thing when your whole timeline was so very much against it." Octavius said awkwardly, fiddling with the hem of his cape.
"Ah well...I've had a couple a people convince me otherwise. An Im sure glad they did." Jedediah gave a small smile.
"What? Who managed to convince such a stubborn cowboy such as yourself?" Octavius teased.
"Sacagawea and uh...some other guy." Jedediah responded. Octavius tilted his head.
"What 'other guy'?" The Roman asked curiously. Why wouldn't Jedediah tell him the name of this other person?
"Doesn't matter. Wanna go drive in the remote control car?" Jedediah was quick to change the subject. Octavius gave him a weird look but just nodded in response.
The two went to find Larry, but couldn't find the night guard anywhere. "Where d'ya reckon Gigantor is?" Jedediah asked, eyes flicking around the room they were currently in.
Octavius responded with a small shrug. "I'm not sure...we didn't check Egypt yet." The Roman pointed out, looking towards the hall that led to the Egyptian part of the museum.
"Oh yeah, he's prolly in there then." Jedediah said. "Let's go." He dashed past Octavius, hand accidentally brushing against the Roman emperor's as he ran past.
Octavius found Jedediah was acting a bit odd this night, but shrugged it off and followed him. Octavius was a bit further behind him and stopped when he saw Jedediah had turned around with a blank face and put out his hands to stop the Roman.
     "Found 'em, but uh...he's a lil busy and my eyes hurt." Jedediah looked scarred. Larry came up behind them, hand on his hips.
     "Jed, stop freaking out we were just kissing." The night guard huffed. Jedediah covered his ears and curled up into a ball on the floor.
     "Nooooo! It ain't gonna be that if I didn't walk in!" Jedediah yelled.
     Octavius gave a confused glance at the two. "What's going on?" He asked, eyes flicking from the cowboy to the night guard.
     "Ahkmanrah and Gigantor were doin things!" Jedediah said. Octavius chuckled as Larry sighed and shook his head.
      "One day Jed, you'll find someone that makes you happy and-" Larry started but was cut off by the little cowboy.
      "SHUT YER YAP! THAT AIN'T GONNA EVER HAPPEN!" Jedediah yelled, pointing an angry and flustered finger at Larry.
      "Larry, we would like to know if we can drive the remote control car around?" Octavius asked, giving an amused glance at the flustered Jedediah.
      "Sure...but only if Jed admits he's fallen for someone. It's easy to tell." Larry smirked down at the tiny western man.
      "Why you-Listen here Gigantor! I ain't weakened by love for nobody! Jedediah Smith is not a simp!" Jedediah said, crossing his arms with a small huff of anger.
      "No car then." Larry replied, enjoying toying with the miniatures.
      "That's unfair!" Jedediah pouted, stamping one of his tiny feet against the stone floor.
      Octavius suddenly spoke up. "I-I will admit I have fallen for someone! Can we drive the car now Larry?" The Roman pleaded, a small blush across his cheeks.
      Jedediah gave him a sideways glance. "If it's Lancelot I'm gonna start somethin." Jedediah growled.
      It made him angry if it were that no good knight, because Lancelot was in fact at the museum, having being transferred in with the temporary British museum artifacts.
      "No of course not, he's become quite soft and I find it boring." Octavius shrugged. "And Jedediah, why on Jupiter would you care?" He added with a small glance and smirk.
      Jedediah's face flushed a light pink and he pulled his hat down to hide it. "I don't! I just think you're too good for that idiot." He said awkwardly.
      Octavius gave a small but very warm smile. "Aww, thank you my friend." He said, a blush of his own across his face.
      "This is tooth-achingly sweet, I'm out." Larry said, fully standing up from his crouched position and stretching his back and arms.
      "Wait! Can we still drive the car round?" Jedediah asked quickly, tugging on Larry's pant leg. The night guard glanced down at the two miniatures and let out a small sigh.
      "Yeah, I guess." He shrugged. He collected the car and gave it to the little men. "Have fun and don't run the other miniatures over." Larry said before walking away.
      "Let's run someone over!" Jedediah instantly said, turning to Octavius with a bright grin full of mischief.
      Octavius let out a sigh and shook his head, smiling at his idiot cowboy friend.