Chapter 17- Breach of Trust

There was a time when my father's anger was what I feared most. But now staring in the pitch black eyes of my mate, I couldn't think of anything more nerve racking.

Adam had scammered away the second he saw his Alpha, but here I stood paralyzed in fear of what Liam might do.

“ Alpha, I-," Adam tried but Liam's growl stopped him.

“ Leave, before I kill you," Liam said in a low but threatening voice. I watched as Adam ran away back in the direction we came from, where we left our friends.

When I turned around, I gasped at how close Liam had gotten to me. I refused to look into his eyes, shame and guilt overwhelming me, and so I looked down at the sand at my feet. Liam grabbed my chin with a rough hand, making me look up at him. His eyes had turned back to their normal stormy grey color but still held anger in them.

“ Go get your things. We're leaving," he said, his voice strong, authoritive and final. Just the sound of it sent chills down my spine.

I nodded obediently and quietly walked away from him to fetch my things.

“ Walk faster!," he barked behind me.

I speeden my pace and quickly made it to where the others were.

“ Katie what's wrong.," Beth asked when she saw my hastened pace n picking up my bag and clothes. I quickly shoved my legs into my pants and put on my shirt.

“ Liam's here," I replied.

“ Is everything alright?," came Tessa's worried tone. I glanced in Adam's direction, who had his back turned to me.

” Yes," I lied and left.

Liam stood exactly where I left him and when I reached him, he grabbed a hold of my arm. I whimpered as he dragged me to his car. The only time did he loosen his grip was when we reached the car and he told me to get in.

For a while, the car ride was silent.

” Liam, I'm sorry," I said softly.

Don't. Say. Anything," he grounded out through his teeth.

” But-," I tried again but shut up when he growled.

“ Why the hell didn't you tell me where you were going?. Ive been looking for you all day until someone told me they saw you leave with Bethany Willow to the beach," he said.

“ I-"

“ Did I tell you to speak?," he threatened. I shook my head no.

” You just had to make friends with them, didn't you?. I'm never listening to Noah again. I knew I shouldn't have sent you to school"

“ But I like school"

“ Shut up!," he shouted.

I bit my lip to stop the tears from falling.

“ And then I arrive at the beach and what do I see?. You kissing some jackass!. I-," he went until I stopped him.

” Stop yelling at me!," I shouted back. M hand flew to mouth in shock of my new found confidence. I immediately regretted it but in a way, not really. I was tired of being pushed around.

As soon as I said it, the car came to a schreehing halt.

“ What did you just say to me?," he snarled.

I refused to answer him.

“ Answer me!"

Rage took over me and I looked him dead in the eye and said, “ Don't yell at me"

In a flash, he was out of the car and at m side, pulling me out of the car. My body was slammed against the car, my feet barely touching the ground and his hand tight around my neck.

“ Listen to me, and listen to me too," he growled. “ Mate or mate not, I am your Alpha and you will respect me. Got that?"

“ Yes," I managed to squeak out.

“ Yes, who?"

" Yes Alpha"

****

Drip.

Drip.

Drip.

The rain had stopped falling but my tears hadn't. After we got back home, Liam had banished me to my room until he said otherwise.

Slowly but surely,  could feel myself slipping back into the depression I was in when I lived with my father. It was like a parasite, eating away any happiness inside me.

When my feet touched the wet grass below, let out a heavy sigh. I did it.

I had escaped foe thw second time.

I didn't plan on returning anytime soon.

*******************************************
Author's Note:

How do you feel about the chapter?

Any suggestions or thoughts?

What do you think will happen or what do you want to happen?

Please Comment!

Now...excuse me while I go cry a-about Zayn leaving O-One Direction.

-booksmiler