CHAPTER 1

WARNING:
This story is extremely dark and has some things that might trigger you. Please proceed with caution.
- 18+
- death
- dark thoughts
- detailed murder
- swearing

***
The rain is what woke me up at 2:36 am.

I sat there for about an hour or so, just admiring the beautiful sound of the storm happening outside. Thunder was ripping through the sky; lightning was striking the ground, and rain washed away any evil thoughts I was having. It was usually odd to have rain at the end of summer, but I'm not complaining.

Turning over, I was lying on my back and looking towards my white ceiling of nothingness; I thought about how I would act for the new school year. My best friend Sam has been famous ever since we met. Typical blonde hair blue eyes kind of girl. She was probably one of the prettiest people that goes to this school, which also has the heart of an 80-year-old woman. It's funny, though. We are opposite with everything we like; opposites attract, and I am lucky to have her.

Sam has an older brother as well. I know that he is a very closed off person and only talks to his girlfriend and family. We've never actually spoken to one other save for a few "hey's" now and then.

I rolled onto my side, sighing, and looked out the window next to my bed at my front yard.

The dark never scared me; ever since I was little, it intrigued me. I would always find myself trying to obtain darkness, whether that was closing my door and trying my best not to interact with anyone or sneaking out into the night. People irritate me, they piss me off too quickly, and everyone thinks they own each other.

As a child, I slowly ripped off a limb or two from the dolls my mother bought me, occasionally drawing a black teardrop or two. Mother would always say that I needed to stop, but I felt a kind of drive to do it, so I like doing what I do now.

The only other person who hadn't aggravated me apart from Sam was my boyfriend Justin, but I recently found him sneaking off and hiding his phone from me. It'll be a shitshow once I figure out who he's talking to, and it's going to be fun too. 

BEEP.

BEEP.

BEEP.

Is it 6 am already?

Fuck I'm tired.

I pushed my alarm to stop, slowly rolling out of bed and making my way to the bathroom, where I usually wake myself with a shower. As I put my things onto the bench, I grabbed a hair tie and chucked my dark brown hair into a high bun.

Turning the tap on and up to the hottest setting, I undress and step into the steaming shower letting the water run all over my body.

After washing, I put my hair into a low bun and put a little makeup on to make me look less dead. Stepping out of the bathroom and into my walk-in wardrobe, I picked out my outfit for the day. The fit was made up of black baggy jeans and a grey sweater to keep me warm and out of the rain. I threw on my Air Jordans and grabbed my school bag to head downstairs.

As I rounded the corner towards the kitchen, I stopped dead in my tracks, and my mother stared for a moment taking in every part of my appearance.

"How did you sleep, honey?" she says as she starts to make her way to the kitchen.

"The rain was so heavy last night, I only got about 3 hours before I woke up," I say, following her. The heavy rain was an understatement, and it was like fucking Niagara falls was in my bedroom.

I make my way over to the fridge to grab an apple. I turn and say goodbye to my mom. Frank, who is supposed to be my dad, is probably out doing something for work or getting pissed, one or the other. We haven't seen eye to eye ever since I was a child, I'm not sure what happened, but we don't click at all.