CHAPTER 17

Authors Note:

Um, hey guys...*cricket noises*

So like heaps of people from my school read my book (if any of you are reading this right now please leave) and basically made me lose hella motivation because they were sorta making fun of it, but it's all good now. I'm so sorry for the really late updates, and part of me doesn't want to keep writing this book because of how cringy it is. Like I didn't realise how bad it was omg, but I'm planning on changing this to be less bad and less rushed (meaning maybe taking it down to add a few chapters and side paragraphs). I will not take it down for months on end, I'll take it down after I've edited all the chapters and just copy-paste them into it to make it easier.

I'm also going to redo the playlist that I made for this book, so please go follow it!

spotify : groundsy

name: My Books Playlist.

You guys are my lifeline and I'm so sorry for being super inactive. I love you all so much and thank you for all the extremely lovely dm's!!! 

_____________

I couldn't breathe.

I couldn't get a single bit of air in my lungs to help me be able to live, and I could feel the sweat trickling down my back. Me leaning over my knees, struggling to breathe, must have been the most amusing sight, as every single one of the boys stood watching me and laughing with each other. I thought sarcastically; I said boys because a 'man' would've helped me.

"Come on, Lils, I didn't hit you too hard, did I?" Cole coughs, hiding his smile. What a bloody idiot he is. He comes over to me and extends his hand, offering to help me. Allowing him to think I wanted him to help me up, I reached my hand and quickly cupped his, pulling him down towards me. Before he could squash me, I wrapped my leg around his and pushed my weight into his, making him land behind me on the mat.

The old warehouse went quiet, and it was my time to smirk. Standing from my stop, I look down at Cole and say the exact words he said to me, only this time in a 'know it' voice. "Come on, Colten, I didn't hit you that hard, did I?" He jumped to his feet, obviously not liking being humbled in front of his buddies.

I was on the ground in the first place because I had just finished tying my shoes, and Colten wanted to see if I had good reflexes. He shoved me a little too hard, and it caught me off guard, causing me to fall to the ground. Striking my chest and promoting the function of air to be removed from my lungs.

This is payback.

He slowly stood up and looked at me playfully. The dark glint in his eyes watched me and my every step, not letting me take him by surprise again. Colten inflicted the first defence, an elegant right-hand jab to my side, which I quickly blocked and threw back at him. Not expecting it, he moved with my hand, not much from how sturdy he was holding himself but enough to know that I wasn't messing around.

He looked directly into my eyes and smirked. The top of his right lip is lifting upwards, and his dimples show through.

"To avoid any bloodshed on my floor, I invite you to enter the ring now before I beat you up," Benny interjected and watched Cole, and I enter the ring.

"Alright, get to it; just make sure I don't have to call an ambulance," Benny exclaimed and turned on the radio next to him, which had the song DARKSIDE by Neoni starting to play.

We looked at each other's stances, edging the other on with a few fake-out forward steps, but we both knew this wouldn't be resolved without a bit of skin-to-skin contact. Moving my feet to step forward and swinging my fist to hit him first inflicted a little surprise on him. Still, he quickly gathered himself with a block and a light push back, making me return to my original spot.