CHAPTER 12

authors note:

OMG, WE HIT 100k READS!!! I CANNOT BELIEVE THIS; I LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH!!!!!! 💞💞💞💞💞

Guys, I go back to school in 10 days...I don't think I can do it 😭😭😭

Also I wrote this at 1am so I'm extremely sorry if this is bad! 🤧

Anyway, here's the next chap ;)

***
My eyes pierce into the police officer's eyes, making sure not to look away. My heart is racing one million miles an hour, and my hands begin to tremble.

Realising a nervous breath, I let my eyes travel across the cafeteria, watching as all of my peers held their breath. One sticks out more than the rest though, a girl in my grade that was smirking at me.

She was wearing tight-fitting jeans with her bright pink thong straps showing and a biker crop top. When my eyes met hers again, it was like she was telling me she knew something, something that others didn't know.

My lips lift into a slight smirk, and I mouth 'back off' before getting up and turning to the officer that was waiting for me. I didn't bother to look back at the girl, but I knew she was pondering about what had just happened.

A hand grabs onto my forearm, making me spin around to see who crossed my personal space bubble, only to be met with Sammy's worried gaze. I completely forgot she was sitting with me after that weird run-in with that girl.

"What are you doing? Keep moving; I haven't got all day, girl." I heard the police officer mumble annoyingly.

"My boyfriend just died. Give me a moment to talk to my friend." I blurted out and quickly pleaded Sammy to be quick.

She stands for a moment before she wraps her arms around my body and speaks soft nothings into my ear to calm me down.

Sammy knows about my panic attacks, but I also think she was trying to calm herself down as well.

Before she pulls away, she moves closer to my ear and speaks softly. "I love you with everything Lily, but make sure when you answer their questions, you think about it fully. They like to trick people into confessing things, obviously since they are cops, but sometimes people lie and say they did it under pressure. I know you didn't do it because you loved him, but please remember to be smart about how you answer their questions."

She pulls away, and before I can reassure her, a hand grips my bicep and pulls me into a walk. I try to pull away, but I only get tugged harder.

Looking up to the mean-looking officer, I see a 5 o'clock shadow resting on his face, and a small mischievous smile laces on his lips. I can't help but think about what will happen when I get to the station. What questions they will ask, what they would do if they found out the truth, and most importantly what happens if Cole tells them? I know that if I tried to tell the truth about Cole's involvement, they wouldn't believe me because his dad is the fucking head of police.

Chief Ryan Black.

All I can hope is that when I walk through the doors of hell, I can get back out without a trace. Nothing against my name except for a few things I've done in the past, but nothing along the lines of 'Lily Rose Meyer murdered her boyfriend for cheating.' 

Being pushed into the police car brings me back to reality as my body slams into the seat. I glance up to the mean officer, only to be taken back when I see pity swimming around his irises.

He then walks to the driver's side and slowly gets in. He turns his body so that he is facing me and what comes next fully shocks me.

"I'm sorry for how we met; my name is Owen Hayes." He says gently and extends his hand towards me.