Page 36: Home Sweet Home:

*Storybrooke, Maine*

Gold, Henry, and Regina watched the well after Regina stopped the dangerous magic she and Gold tried to use to stop Cora until Henry convinced her to stop. For Dream. Emma was the first to get out, followed by Mary Margaret, then Dream. 

"Mom?" Henry asked when he watched Emma help Dream, who had blood all over her side with a pink piece of a sweater tied around her waist. "Dreamy?" He said, sounding worried when he saw his sister.

"Henry!" Emma exclaimed when he ran up to her while Mary Margaret held onto Dream, who was obviously in pain. "Mom!" Henry yelled when Regina looked over when she leaned by a tree.

"Momma?" Dream asked when Regina looked at her daughter.

"Dreamy?" Regina smiled, tearing up when she stood up to hug Dream. "Ow..." Dream winced when Regina moved to hold her at arm's length. "You're hurt?" Regina asked, her voice getting lower and darker from anger.

"I'm fine... Just the downside of sword fighting." Dream sighed when Regina raised her brow.

"She was brave, Regina. You would have been proud." Mary Margaret said, making Regina look at her, nodding. "I'm always proud of her." Regina smiled, kissing Dream's forehead.

Dream looked over, seeing Henry hugging Emma. "I missed you." Emma smiled, hugging her son. "I missed you, too," Henry said when Mary Margaret joined in hugging them. "I missed you so much..." Emma repeated when Henry looked over Emma's shoulder, seeing Dream.

"What? No hug for your big sister?" Dream smirked when Henry moved to hug her, being careful of her side.

Regina looked at Gold, who kept looking at Dream. Regina shook her head at him, making him sigh. Emma noticed the interaction but chose to ignore it. Gold looked back at Dream one last time before he started to walk away.

"What's going on? What happened?" Mary Margaret asked when she saw that Regina was not acting normal, despite just getting her daughter back. Mary Margaret looked at Gold, who was leaving when Ruby got up from the ground.

"She saved you. She saved all three of you." Henry said, looking at Emma and Mary Margaret while still holding onto his sister. "Thank you," Emma said when she looked at Regina. 

"You're welcome..." Regina said, looking at Emma, before glancing at her children. "You did help look after my daughter..." Regina smiled when Dream looked over at her mother, smiling.

"Are you okay?" Ruby asked, rushing over to Mary Margaret when Henry moved to hug Emma again. Ruby hugged Mary Margaret while Dream moved over to her mother, who was looking at her wound. "Where's my husband? I need to find him." Mary Margaret with a sense of urgency.

The two of them ran off to Gold's shop, where David was under the sleeping curse when Regina started to walk Dream towards her car to get her wound fixed. "Um..." Emma said, walking over with Henry, making Dream and Regina stop. "Your mom, she's... She's a piece of work, you know?" Emma said, still hugging onto Henry when Regina rubbed Dream's back.

"Indeed, I do." Regina sighed, looking at Dream when she moved a strand of hair behind her daughter's ear. "Welcome back." Regina smiled, turning to look back at Emma.

"Thanks." Emma smiled, resting her head on Henry's, while Henry smiled at his sister.

Regina rushed Dream to the hospital while Dr. Whales was stitching and cleaning up her wound. "Nasty cut you got there..." Dr. Whales said while he watched Dream wince from the needle hitting her skin. "Yeah, I know..." Dream sighed when Whales finished before placing a bandage over her side.

"I'll bring in a nurse to release you." Whales gave them a smile when Regina moved to stand in front of Dream, who was lowering her shirt.

"What's with the satchel?" Regina asked when Dream looked at the brown satchel to her side. "My heart..." Dream mumbled when Regina's eyes widened.

"Your what?"

"My heart... Captain Hook thought it would be a nice gift for your mother, and they used it against us... Hook only saved it from going into the portal." Dream sighed, looking at the satchel, when she looked down at her wrist, seeing the bracelet that he gave her while they were in the giant's castle.

"You've met Captain Hook?" Regina asked, making Dream look up at her. 

"Yeah... And I think I experienced enough adventure for a while." Dream sighed, letting out a chuckle when Regina smiled at her daughter. "And that's okay..." She smiled, kissing Dream's forehead. "Now, can you please explain why I can talk to frogs suddenly?" Dream asked when Regina sighed, rubbing her hand on Dream's arm. 

"That... will be a story for when we get home and after you get some much-needed rest." Regina chuckled when the nurse walked in to discharge him.

~season 2, episode 9: "Queen of Hearts"~

~799 words~