Chapter 3

*IM DOUBLE UPDATING BECAUSE I NEED A DISTRACTION FROM THE WHOLE ZAYN THING SO I HOPE YOU ENJOY*

Stiles bounced excitedly as the van pulled into the gravel driveway of the two story beachfront house. It was pale brown wood on the outside, a porch wrapped around the whole lower level and a terrace seemed to mirror it up on the second floor.

"This is going to be so awesome!" he declared. Stiles sounded like he was about to explode with the nervous energy he had accumulated during his time in the van. "There's a huge hammock and a two person hanging swing bench!"

His eyed the hammock with interest, the white rope contraption seemed to have been angled perfectly to catch the light of the sun for most of the day. The bench on the other side looked comfortable as well. "Dibs on the first nap in the hammock!"

"If we would only be so lucky..." Jackson muttered from behind him.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Stiles asked. He was sure he did not sound offended.

"It means that the likelihood of you being capable of sleeping instead of bouncing around like an amphetamine laced rabbit is pretty slim," Derek offered from the driver's seat.

"Oh so now you're Mr. Funny Wolf?" Stiles asked as he eyed the Alpha skeptically.

"Dibs on the bathroom" Scott said. Stiles swore the teen werewolf must have had the bladder of an old man.

"I hope my bathroom gets enough natural light..." Lydia spoke quietly. She sounded supremely confident that she would indeed have her own bathroom.

"I think it looks absolutely wonderful!" Allison piped up from the very back of the van, "So romantic!"

Stiles glanced back to the dark haired girl as he unfastened his seat belt and opened the door. That was all they needed for the week, more opportunities for romance. He almost said something to her but the serene look of pure happiness on her face kicked his sarcasm in the gut and left it gasping for air.

She'd gone through a lot, they all had. Allison deserved the happiness she could find. He smiled at her. She tilted her head curiously and smiled back. He was about to say something but Scott caught her attention with another gentle kiss against her cheek. He brushed her hair over her shoulder. Stiles thought maybe his sarcasm might be about to throw up.

"Everyone out, get your bags, take your things inside," Derek commanded as he exited the vehicle.

"Sir, yes sir!" Stiles called out and offered a salute the Alpha never saw before moving around toward the back of the van.

Jackson was climbing out of the vehicle as Stiles walked past the door. The young werewolf pushed him playfully. Stiles shot him a look of mock hurt. Jackson grabbed him around the neck in a headlock.

Awesome, more wolf hugs. He wondered if this was one of those scenting things. When Jackson let him go he shivered a little bit, goose bumps breaking out on his flesh. He was being marked; maybe all the humans in the pack were being marked by the werewolves they accompanied. If anyone tried to pee on him he was so gone, didn't matter how much the taxi cab or bus ride home would cost.

He wondered if Scott and Derek could smell Jackson on him. He made what he imagined was a pretty funny face at the thought of it. He cast an appraising glance toward Scott and noticed he subconsciously seemed to brush against Lydia as he got out of the vehicle. His suspicion was confirmed when Jackson laid an innocuous hand against Allison's arm and offered to pull her luggage out of the back so she could take it inside.

Gravel crunched behind him. Derek grabbed Stiles by the scruff of the neck. Stiles squawked with what he imagined to be extreme dignity as the Alpha steered him to the rear of the van.