Prologue

Prologue

‘I am going to school dad’, I say.

‘mmm….mmmm…’dad said in a cba manner to say ok.

‘I’ll drop you off to school, I am going near there anyway’, asked mum!

There was something going on. Mum and dad do not talk to each other anymore. We did not have those school chats like we used to have as a family and it seems as if mum and dad just do not get along. If dad’s in the room mum just goes into another and vice versa. Even now, when I said I’m going to school mum offers to drop me off. She will normally not do that; she will just mind her own business. Dad’s not even talking to me, not like he used to anyway.

‘Hello, Claire, should we go!’ mum screams.

I just quickly get a click in my head and rapidly get away from my hallucinations.

‘Ohh …yeah sure!’ I whisper, still thinking something fishy is going on.

‘Bye dad’

‘mmm…mmm’, here goes again the cba manner.

I scoot upstairs clutching my bag, putting on lipstick and wearing my new purple shoes. Mum waves at me signalling to hurry up. Ok! Ok! I say to myself. Don’t want to be late, Ms Robins will screw me! I hold my mums wrist and run out snatching of her car keys. Ohh! I just forgot our car will not just automatically open when we press the button because it is so old…it is from like the 80s. LOL

I sit in the car listening to my favourite Radio.  The view outside is very tranquil.                 The sky is azure in colour. At this time everyone is walking to school with their friends. Everyone’s looking at me because I am going to school with my mum. I regret going in the car now!

‘Mum, can you drive faster please’, I ask mum trying to cover my face with my Child D folder so I don’t get any other smirking looks.

‘Ok,Ok’, mum responds hitting the accelerator and looking at me clueless. The car rapidly moves away from my class mates and were stuck in an abandon road.

‘Mum, can I ask you a question’, I ask mum very quietly.

‘Yes, sure darling’, mum replies looking a bit surprised.

‘erm…erm’, I say stopping half way; looking at bit scared. ‘erm…What’s wrong with you and dad’, I say really fast. I place my Child D folder on my face again because I knew good news weren’t going to come. Mum’s pale face turned red, as red as a bull.

And then….CRASH!!!