Chapter 3

Chapter 3

It was Red Nose week all these 5 days of school. I wore a shimmering red dress with sparkling glass crimson shoes. Today was fancy clothes day! The whole day was boring, we did not have those Red Nose Day Festivals and it was just learning. Well that was the point of going to school, but that was not my policy! The only interesting time was when school was over; Ms Robins gave us a letter. I thought it was a detention one; but I realised everyone got it. I thought it might have been a report so I was not that bothered to read it! However, everyone who got the letter was very happy and they jumped up and down like a maniac. I then forced myself to read it and I realised it was a letter on our School Disco which was going to take place tomorrow. It was a campaign to raise money for the charity. After I had just read the first line saying ‘Disco’, I also jumped up and down imitating the crowd. The only thing that made me sad was that we needed to have our parents’ signature and permission. Everything was going well but that box felt as if a grenade went right through me!

                The bell rang and in a click the class was empty except for a couple of people next to their lockers! I realised I was like the odd one out and I swiftly ran out; while I was walking I was just thinking about what dad was going to say and if he was going to sign it. I opened the door and to my surprise Rebecca was sitting on the couch watching the new series of ‘America’s next top model’. When I set my foot into the carpet she jumped up, she looked at my face and you could see she was not happy. The only thing which was confusing me was that dad was not with her. I thought maybe dad was in the kitchen making popcorn as he usually did!

‘Dad, Dad, Dad I need you to sign something!’ I asked dad, getting louder every time I said his name!

‘Your dad’s not here what do I have to sign,’ asked that evil witch, she didn’t even ask and snatched of the sheet, bet she thought it was my report or something.

‘Ohh I don’t give parent signatures to random guests,’ I reply, happy about my comment. She must have been really pissed off.

‘Ohh I am your mother you know’

‘You’re not legitimate are you’ I reply

She just looked so disgusted and said ‘Your dad’s not coming for 10 hours; I will sign it you know!’

To my astonishment the front door opened and I realised it was dad. I was as shocked as I thought it was some other person.

‘Didn’t know 10 hours will go so quickly,’ I said to Rebecca, I looked at her and stuck my tongue out. Her mouth was full open and she looked so insulted.

I ran out of the room to dad. He looked a bit tired and couldn’t believe I was waiting to see him.

‘Dad can you sign this please,’ I asked so politely. I was still angry with him though. This was just an act….

Dad just snatched the paper and signed it in a second. He didn’t read it though; he just wanted to get rid of me didn’t he!

I run upstairs waiting half way when I can hear Rebecca asking dad ‘Wow…you read quick, you didn’t read the letter did you!’ she is such a tale tell.

‘Ohh…who cares’ dad replied

I didn’t want to hear more so I swiftly ran upstairs to my room. When I went in; the breeze hit me and I was full with freshness. I sit my foot into the carpet and my mobile rings to the tune of my all time favourite song!

‘Hey…Abigail, what you up too’, I ask.

‘Ohh were going to the mall, going to get an outfit for the Disco! Wanna come?’ she replies with a question.

‘Who else is coming,’ I whispered.

‘Ohh erm…me, Bailey and Adam,’ she exclaimed

‘Nah…its ok, I am tired anyway,’ I murmured

‘Ohh…I forgot to tell you, Dylan is coming too!’ Abigail said expecting me to say yes.

‘Yeah sure I am totally coming, hey I am coming at your house at about 15 minutes ok,’ I exclaimed hoping she must have not cut the phone.

‘Ohh you just said no’ she giggled ‘I get you’

‘See you then…’

‘Ok Bye’

She cut of the phone after she heard me saying see you. I was full of euphoria; this will totally kind of be a date. Dylan was one of the most popular guys in school and he offered to come with us to the mall. That was totally cool! For about two minutes I was frozen. I got disturbed my Fluffy screaming for food. I just realised I told Abigail I would come to her house in 15 minutes. I rapidly got changed in my best clothes. I wore my clutch around my neck and put inside it £200. I sprinted downstairs missing a few steps or so. Just to see Dad’s reaction I ask dad for some money and he gives me only £100. That’s not a lot but who am I to talk; I am broke.

 I open the door and leg it out. I heard Rebecca calling me from back, but I just ignored her. The only thing good about Abigail’s house was that it was only a few roads away from mine.  Abigail was my best mate from year 2, since then we never had big fights, but only little ones! Abigail is such a sweet friend and also helpful. I go into the gate and ring the bell. Abigail comes out welcoming me with a sweet hug.

‘Hey, you look gor-geous’ she says.

‘Thanx, you too!’ I reply

I look around, trying to catch my eye on Dylan, ‘He’s in the garden’ Abi replies, it was as if she had read my mind! Adam came into the room and so I went into the garden; because I knew Dylan will be there by himself. I walk into the garden as slowly as I can, I was still very, very cautious not to fall down, because I was so nervous.  

‘Hi Claire’, Dylan said, I was so shocked. He knew my name and he remembered it. That must have been a good sign right!

‘Hi….,’ I was lost for words and couldn’t even remember his name. ‘Dddddd-yylan’

                I was just lost for words and I thought I was humiliating myself, but gladly Abigail comes down and says that Bailey is not coming and so we set of to go to the mall! Dylan’s face lightens up and he holds my hand and rans out of the garden. I get even shyer because he is holding my hand and I mean my hand. I was just so amazed that I thought it was a dream, but this was true life and it was happening to me!