CHAPTER NINE - GROCERY STORE

CHASED — IN MORE WAYS THAN ONE

-

-

"a few months ago, my brother, timothy, had an unfortunate experience, where he digested too much of a certain substance," simon begins to explain his plan, placing bottles of pills on the counter in front of him.

"he was dead for 2 minutes. but," he drumrolls after checking the labels, "we brought him back."

"kate, it's time for your close up," deena jokes.

"you need to take these in order," simon instructs, speaking to felix and sam.

"pile 1 is going to take the edge off, you're gonna feel like you're being fucked by a unicorn."

"pile 2 is gonna bring your core temp way down, you may feel slightly sick."

"and this is very important. you need to wait 5 minutes after taking pile 2 to take pile 3," he slides the piles to carter and jupiter.

"pile 3 is what's going to bring you down and out. but you gotta take that 5 or it's all gonna go to shit!"

"how many of these do we have?" kate asks simon, handing him some epipens.

"epipens?" carter asks confusedly.

"epinephrine," kate corrects. "also known for adrenaline."

"these are what brings them back, these are jesus!" simon stresses, handing them to carter and jupiter.

"carter, i love you, but if you fuck up and kill my sister, i'll kill you."

jupiter looks at felix sincerely, "i love you," they whisper receiving a shocked look from felix.

"i love you too, ju. for a good three years," he says with a laugh, smiling as jupiter pecks his lips and hands him pile 1.

after a bit he felt his vision blur slightly, but he wasn't feeling all the effects.

he blinked a few times, and saw jupiter's blurry figure turning into panic before she ran, and then he was scooped up by someone else. all he could hear was deena's voice in his ear, "ju, you better not die.."

deena leans down and grabs something before running off with felix, looking for a place to hide.

carter begins to drown sam, crying at the realization this was her only hope.

crying at the sight of, what she assumed, was kate's body shoved through a bread slicer, judging by the dark, bloody hair. and she didn't get to help her despite her screams.

crying since she had to kill her lover this way.

and she was crying when she couldn't find her siblings, felix, simon, or jupiter.

deena and felix continued to run, by now felix could see and walk on his own, so it wasn't a surprise when he saw the breadslicer and felt his heart shatter into a million pieces.

carter was wrong. that bloody raven hair was way too short to be kate's medium length ponytail.

carter continued to drown sam, tears blurring her vision, and she sighed in relief when she saw josh, kate, and simon starting to run in her direction, followed by a sobbing deena.

deena ran up to her sister, and reached into the tank to hold sam's throat shut as the blonde grabs carter's hand. applying more pressure, deena worriedly glanced at the killers approaching them, and slater approaching her brother.

over and over, deena looked. they must've looked 20 times, until the lights blinked, and sam went limp.

and when deena looked again, the killers were gone.

hurriedly taking sam out the tank, carter's tears were now ones of joy and hope as she plunged epipens into her lover's chest. her slight smile faded when the blonde wouldn't wake up. but, after resorting to cpr, sam was coughing, and carter had her lover alive and wrapped in her arms.

she looked to deena who was sobbing, covering her mouth in disbelief, her eyes holding a far off look. then, looking towards josh, she saw simon and kate huddled next to him.

"kate? but, i-i thought.. the breadslicer?" carter asks, her voice wavering.

"it wasn't kate.. it was ju," deena sobbed out, "and felix saw nightwing coming after us and he forced me to let him stay."

so everyone got their happy ending, except two lover's who didn't get to keep their promises.

sam speaks-
hi ! welcome to the end of 'chased' :)
don't get mad elliot, i based jupiter
and felix's relationship of mine and felix's,
as this story is based on my dr. therefore,
it will be fixed by book three if you wanna stick around that long :)
(all the next books will be apply
fics as-well)