~Zac~

Neil snapped in front of my face. "Earth to Zac!" I looked up at him. "Hmm?"

"I asked you a question. Man, what is up with you lately? Ever since Georgia left for that dumb fashion camp, you've been so boring and depressed."

"Its Georgia-Rose and it's not just some dumb fashion camp, it's the most elite modeling camp in the country," I said, remembering what she told me constantly, and feeling like I need to defend her.

Neil sighed. "Bro, its been two weeks. Get over it! She left you for a piece of clothing, basically!" I suddenly got angry. "It's not that simple, okay?" I snapped. Neil held his hands up in defense. "Okay, okay! Chill dude. I'm sorry!" I sighed and turned away. 'No, I'm sorry. I've been a jerk lately and you've been nothing but nice to me. It's just... complicated."

He punched my arm playfully. "You're all good, man. Now... are you up for pizza rolls?"
"Come on, Neil! You always eat my food." He smiled innocently. "What can I say? I'm a growing boy!" He patted his stomach.

I kicked his ankle. "Ay!" He jumped up. "Not cool!" I laughed. He rolled his eyes. "What's your stepdad making for dinner?" I gave him a look and then pulled out my phone. "I don't know," I replied. "Go find out."

"Gladly." He ran up the stairs. I looked up from my phone. "And put the pizza rolls in while you're at it!"

"Yes sir," he answered cooly. "And don't burn them this time!" He shrugged. "No promises. Besides, I'll still eat them anyway." He closed the basement door at the top of the stairs. "I won't." I mumbled.

I looked back down at my phone. Scroll, scroll, scr-go back! 'Tickets on sale for Arctic Monkeys concert' I clicked the link. They were only an hour away on Saturday night! I just barely got tickets on time.

Neil started to walk down the stairs and laughed at something my stepdad said-being the charming boy that he is. I looked up at him. "Yo. You free Saturday night?" He raised his eyes up in anticipation. "I always am." I gave him a look. "Okay I always am for you." Let's just say it's not the first time Neil's had plans for the weekend.

"What are we doing? And don't say bowling again cause I swear to you, I will walk out of this house and take the pizza rolls with me." I held out my phone for him to see. "Yo!! You got us tickets to Arctic Monkeys?!"

"Yeah I did," I said, secretly pleased. He jumped up-like literally jumped up in excitement. "See this is why I hang out with you!" I raised my hands in question. "That's not the only reason, of course! But you gotta admit, you're a difficult guy to be friends with."

I rolled my eyes. "See this is what I'm talking about!"
"What do you want from me?!" I shouted at him. He started ticking things off his fingers. "Peace and joy but I-" the oven beeped. "Oh! Gotta go get those!"

I rolled my eyes but I was smiling. Neil was a crazy guy, but j wouldn't trade him for anyone in the world... except for maybe a girlfriend. Which reminded me of Georgia-Rose. Dang it! "Ugh!" I yelled in exasperation.