~Lou~

"We shouldn't be doing this!" Leroy hissed. I glanced back at him "It's fine. I just need to grab my notes out of my locker and then we'll leave, okay?" He sighed heavily. "Why am I friends with you?"
"Because you love me, now come on!" I stopped. "Hey wait. Did you hear that?" I looked around. "Um... Lou?"
"Shh! Just a second!" He tapped my shoulder. "Lou?" I sighed in exasperation and turned around. "What?! Oh." I gulped. "Miss Walters, Mr. Cash, please come to my office." It was the principal. We had been caught.
• • • • •
"You told me we wouldn't be caught!" Leroy hissed. "It's okay," I whispered. "I've got a plan." I did not have a plan. What do I do? I can't exactly charm my way through the principal. This isn't my first time getting caught. I looked up at Principal Hardy who was walking swiftly to the steps that lead to upstairs where his office was. Wait! I have a plan. I secretly pulled out my phone.

Hugh! I need your help fast! Where ru?

I'm just leaving work.

why?

Are you okay?

No! Me and Leroy got caught at school! I need u 2 distract him so we can escape!!!

Again Lou?

Fine. I'll be there in a minute.

Hurry!!!

I looked up at Principal Hardy again. He didn't notice. I put my phone in my pocket. I could only hope that Hugh would be here in time. Leroy looked at me alarmed. I gave him a hopeful nod. He looked ahead. We got to the principals office. "Come sit down please." I took a deep breath and sat down. "So, what brings you to the school at-" He paused to look at his watch. "Seven forty-five pm?" He looked at us expectantly. I cleared my throat. "Um. Well sir we-" Just then there was a loud roar in the school courtyard. Hardy got up from his chair and looked out the window. "A motorcycle on school grounds?" He asked himself in disbelief and anger. I couldn't help but smile. Hugh had come to save us. Hardy cleared his throat. "Excuse me kids. I have something to take care of." He stepped out and I heard him speed walking down the hallway and then down the stairs. "Let's go!" I grabbed Leroy's arm. "What?" He asked. "It's Hugh! He came to save us and distract Hardy!"
"Oh," He said. "Oh!" He finally realized. "Well come on!" I said. We raced out of there, careful not to run into the principal but I could still hear Hugh's motorcycle outside. "Wait!" I grabbed Leroy's sleeve. "What?" He said panting. "I have to grab my notes! I'll meet you at the car in a second!" He examined me for a second, trying to catch his breath. "Okay. Just don't get caught again!"
"I won't. I promise." I ran to my locker and looked around the hallway. I didn't see or hear anything. I grabbed my notes. Then I slammed my locker shut. Oh no I slammed my locker shut! I paused. Nothing. But I didn't hear Hugh's motorcycle anymore either so I didn't know where the principal was. Just then I heard a creak and then the main doors slam shut and then a heavy sigh. I immediately panicked. I ran to a nearby classroom and hid in there for a minute. I could see his shadow walk past me going back up to his office. I almost felt bad for the man. Almost. I bolted the other way once I knew he was gone. I ran to my car. "You're alive!" Leroy exclaimed. "And with my notes!" I said smirking. "Alright, let's get out of here," he said. I pulled out of the parking spot I was in. Then I looked up where the principal's office was. Principal Hardy was looking through the window. We made eye contact. I blanked. He took one look at my face and then reassuringly nodded. I wasn't gonna get in trouble. Thank goodness!