𝔭𝔯𝔬𝔩𝔬𝔤𝔲𝔢

"I thought you were quitting your job, why're you still in this 'hell hole'?" your attention was brought away from organising the horror shelves as Randy approached, he lent on the shelf, outstretching his hand in an offer to help you put the videos away.

"Yeah well," you started, hanging him half your pile of videos (the ones that were the furthest away from your current location), "I would need to find another job first. Mommy wouldn't be willing to give me pocket money like apparently everyone else in this place"

Randy couldn't help himself from letting out a small laugh, beginning to walk over to another shelf, "Did you just give me all the movies that aren't in the horror section? What movies do you have over there?"

Going through the videos in your hand, you began to read off the names of multiple classic horrors, "Friday the 13th, Psycho, Night of the Living Dead, Nosferatu, Dracula and Frankenstein"

"Didn't know this place had so many great pieces of cinema, I'm impressed," he paused what he was doing to look at you, "you know, there's a rule-set to horror movies! Number one! You may not survive the movie if you have sex!"

His raised voice caused multiple poor passersby to stare at him in utter confusion, a couple of parents covering their kid's ears before sending Randy a glare, who just shot you a sheepish smile, "No sex? Guess you're safe then, Randy."

"Huh? Like you can say anything!" he had brought his volume down to a loud whisper now, "We'd both be surviving in a horror movie, don't pretend".

Rolling your eyes, you put down the remaining videos and walked over, a snide smile pulling at your lips, "well at least my high-school sweetheart wasn't stolen away from me by Billy Loomis."

Randy feigned a look of hurt, putting his hand up to his heart and pretending he had just been shot, you couldn't quite tell if he was offended or not, but either way, he'd get over it pretty quickly - you weren't the only person who often teased him for missing his chance with Sidney Prescott, the most common offender was Stu Macher, although he seemed to be more aggressive towards Randy while everyone else took a much more playful approach.

"Whatever, I could have a shot with Sidney if I really wanted it," he mumbled, causing you to put a hand on his shoulder,

"I'm sure you could Rands, I'm sure you could".

The rest of your shift had been rather uneventful, occasionally bantering with Randy and a couple of your other teenage, underpaid co-workers. The hours always went by much slower than they would have, had you been sitting at home doing absolutely nothing, but if it meant you were getting a paycheck at the end of the month, you couldn't exactly complain.

"Right I'm heading off, I'll see you soon," you waved as you left the video store, excited to go home and procrastinate on your English project that you hadn't even started yet.

The thrills of teen life.

-----------------------------------

When the news came the next morning that Casey Becker and Steve Orth were found dead, hung from a tree and brutalised, you couldn't help the dread that built up in your stomach - this had to be some sort of sick prank, right? She'd turn up in your lesson with Stu (because he'd be the only one that could convince someone to do such a thing) laughing about how, 'haha we got ya good!'.

You knew that was wishful thinking, but even the smallest amounts of hope were pushed away when you were called in for questioning by police; they asked you whether Casey had anyone who may have wanted to cause harm to her, and whether she'd been acting weirdly the last time you had seen her. As much as you wished you could've been of more help, you couldn't answer many of their questions with any sort of valuable information.