𝔠𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔣𝔬𝔲𝔯

You arrived at school the next day to see a flood of press swarmed outside. Most of the reporters seemed to be waiting for a specific person to show but you stopped walking when you noticed a woman approaching any student she could get her claws on.

As you continued to watch the woman hurry about, you felt your heart jump into your throat as she turned in your direction, her eyes widening as they met with yours.

No. No no no no no.

Trying to turn around and walk in the opposite direction, you cringed as she shouted out, "Hey, you! Will you answer some questions for me?"

You recognised her voice almost immediately as Gale Weathers; hated by your friends universally.

"No," you answered bluntly, not bothering to look at her until she placed a firm hand on your shoulder in an attempt to make you turn around.

Her grip on you tightened as she fell silent, eyes drifting away from you, "are you friends with Sidney Prescott?"

Finally facing her, your brows furrowed, "why do you want to know?"

Rolling her eyes at you as though the answer were obvious, she pressed her lips together and continued looking away from you - fixated on something other than the conversation you were having, "if you're not going to say anything useful then I'll go and ask for Sidney myself".

She walked past you with a light shove to your shoulder, on the prowl for whatever victim she had seen. Classic reporter, not bothered about anything or anyone unless she could dig a news story from it and, most likely, ruin your reputation while she was at it.

You weaved your way through the crowds outside of the school, trying not to be caught by another report - although you highly doubted any would be quite as forward as Gale Weathers.

Spotting Randy and Stu, you increased your pace to catch up to them, waving when they saw you.

"Here they come, here comes speed racer," Stu chirped (that was definitely going to put that song in your head all day), wrapping you up into a bear hug and lifting you off the ground, only to put you down and grab you by the shoulders, "did you see what happened last night?"

After arriving home from Stu's house, you had pretty much fallen straight asleep, "No, was it important?"

Randy looked at you in shock, speaking in a rushed tone before Stu could even open his mouth, "Billy got arrested!"

You stood there in a silent shock, trying to sus out whether Randy was playing some weird prank on you or not. You glimpsed over at Stu when you felt his grip on your shoulders tighten, only for you attention to be drawn back to Randy,

"Last night, Sidney was attacked and they found Billy at the scene with a cellular phone!" The words were leaving Randy's lips before he even had the chance to think about them; he seemed oddly excited by the whole event.

"But," Stu interrupted, having let go of your shoulders so he could put all his attention on the horror buff next to him, a faint scowl tracing his lips, "the police let him go after they found his cellular bill was clean. Case closed."

Randy scoffed at the taller male, turning to look at you with disbelief, "we all know that it's easy to get around that sort of stuff! I mean- all you need is a burner phone!"

The boys continued bickering about whether Billy was guilty or not - it felt wrong to hear Randy brand him as a potential murderer but listening to Stu's dismissal of the possibility was just as unsettling to you. Thinking back to the previous night you remembered Billy leaving so he could go and see Sidney. He couldn't have gone to attack her, could he?