Rocker Boy-3

YAY NEXT PART!!!!! HOPE YOU LIKE IT

...............................................................................................................................................................................

 As we’re getting ready to go on stage, Ralph tells us, “Ok, don’t be nervous. This is a very small crowd. Just relax and play your hearts out!”

We hear our band being introduced and we get ready to play. The velvet curtains slowly rise up. My stomach is in knots. I look towards Daniel and I see him starring back. I notice that we both have panic and excitement in our eyes. The curtains are up and we start to play. I start singing “Everyone likes, a good night out.” It’s one of our best songs. I see the crowd going crazy and I can feel their excitement. That was the best feeling I think anyone could have in their life.

“DID YOU SEE THE CROWD? THEY WENT NUTS!!” Martin yells as we walk down a hallway to our car. Ralph is ahead of us and I hear him saying that we have to go to a party where we will meet other record producers. He also said that he wants to show off the next best band.

We arrive to the party and see bright colorful lights. The party looked like the ones you seen on television. People were dancing, asking for our autographs and telling us how they are our biggest fans. I look around the room and spot what I’m looking for. I walk to the open bar as I dodge the many crazed fans and intoxicated people. I sit on a stool and spin around watching people lose control of their selves. I sit there laughing at the intoxicated people dancing and falling. I ask the bartender for a martini. He doesn’t even ask for my ID, which is fake, for my age. He hands the martini to me not even looking at.  I drink it all in one gulp and ask for another. After my fifth martini, Daniel spots me. He excuses himself from some blonde groupies and walks towards me. “Come on, I think we should leave now.” Daniel demands.

“Why should I. I’m not drunk.” I say. I could hear my voice rise in anger.

“Just come on. Let’s leave, I don’t want you to drink anymore before you really do get drunk.”  Daniel says as he’s grabbing my hand and leading me to the exit.  I’m slumped on a wall. In my head, I know I’m drunk, but I won’t admit to it. I understand he’s watching out for me. I just don’t get it, why me, what about Martin.

I wake up in the hotel. I look to see the bright Texas sun coming through my window. I feel the heat from the sun. I look around my room to see my stuff thrown everywhere. I look towards the door. I see Daniel asleep in front of it. He’s awake starring at the ceiling. I blink a couple of times to see his pale skin, his black curls, and his serious face. I flop back down in my bed. I could tell I fell asleep in my outfit I wore last night. I hear a light tap on the hotel door. Tap. Tap. Daniel gets up and opens the door and in comes Martin. “Hello, sleeping beauty.” Martin yells in my ear, which causes my head to hurt very painfully. “I brought you some coffee and a pain killer. No more parties for you, we need you for the band so we can get money.” Martin yells and talks to me as if I was from a foreign country. Then he says to Daniel, “Daniel what happened in here. This joint is a mess.”

“Alice decided to throw stuff around because I told her to lie down. Then she kept insisting that she should go back to the bar and have some more drinks. Luckily she was drunk. She was so drunk that when I locked the door, she couldn’t figure out how to open it. But I slept in front of the door in case she did.” Daniel says giving me a stern look.

“Oh I’m sorry. I guess I was drunk. Ugh. My head is on fire!” I say. We pack up and head out on the road. Our next spot is New Mexico. On our way there we played bored games, cards, goldfish, and just messed around. When we arrived in New Mexico it was only an hour before our show started.

There are a lot of people out in the stands. Possibly the biggest audience we have ever had. This was our 22nd show. We are in Chicago and people are going crazy. Daniel and I have become closer. Most of the nights Daniel and I hang out at the local pubs talking about our show. I could tell that we both have feelings for each other, and I know we are both waiting for one of us to make a move. I think it’s pretty funny that we are both waiting for each other. "NOW PRESENTING THE SPINNERS!” I hear the announcer say. I hear the crowd going wild. My heart pounds fast. I squeeze Daniel’s hand for comfort. He looks at me and smiles. I could see in his eyes that he’s nervous too. We walk out holding hands and let go once I’m in my position. I sing our newest song, “This is It”. The crowd is going nuts. Fans are trying to get past the guards. I feel as though I might throw up. I look towards Daniel and instantly I feel better he looks back and smiles.

“Aww, I couldn’t believe the crowd. Ugh, I was so nervous.” I say in Daniel’s car. We were driving to nowhere. We have too much of an adrenaline rush to stop the car.

“Ugh, I know right. I felt as though I were going to collapse at any moment.” Daniel says as he turns up the music.

“I’m lucky to have you on my side to help me calm down. If you weren’t there I think I would have gotten sick.” I say. We both laugh and turn up the music. We were heading down an empty road. We pass corn fields. I figured this is the country side of Chicago.

“I told you, I’ll be your rocker boy. I’ll be there to keep you in place and to rock out with you.” We laugh. And stare at each other. We pull up to a red light. The car beside us runs the red light since the street is empty. “Should I go ahead?”

“It’s all right with me.” I reply to Daniel. I wish I could have taken that back. I should have made him wait. I should have stopped him. I should have seen the truck coming. But it happened way to fast. All I saw was Daniel smiling and bright lights coming straight at him. I have that picture of him in my head. He looks so happy and excited. Then I look at the light. The light looks furious and scary. That’s the last time I ever saw my best friend, my rocker boy. It kills me every day that I lost him. I always hoped we would have a future together and that we would be a Rock & Roll couple.