4. So Not The Drama

^*^*^*^*^*^*^
Kim's POV
^*^*^*^*^*^*^

"Is that all you got, Princess?" As per usual, Shego teased me as she tried to sweep me off my feet, literally. Honestly, at this point, I'm pretty sure our relationship had gone from enemies to frenemies, especially after the Miss Go and Lowardian Invasion.

Brushing my hair away, I smirked as I got into a stance. "Puh-lease! Like I'm ever gonna take you seriously." That was an absolute lie. I know it. She knows it. Drakken doesn't, though. Honestly, it's Shego that's not taking me seriously. Like, she could use plasma that could cut through metal! I'm just thankful that she hadn't used said ability when we were first starting out.

"Uh-huh. Whatever helps you sleep at night." With an arrogant huff, the older woman expertly flips away from my right hook. And, with practiced ease, once she touched the ground, she immediately kicked the ground and shot straight towards me. However, due to my experience and skills, I was able to grab hold of her outstretched arm and use it as leverage to help me dodge her attack.

"I think you're getting old." I quipped, just enjoying how I get to talk so freely with her without needing to worry about what I say. Though, sometimes, I wish my jabs at her would have worked like how it had used to.

Shego was about to retort, but both of our attentions were taken by Dr. Drakken's scream. Surprisingly, Ron's pants weren't pulled down, and even more so was that how he seemed like he didn't gain a single scratch and had apprehended the blue-skinned villain.

"Huh. You don't see that everyday." From behind me, I heard Shego comment and I could help but agree with her. I knew Ron was improving, losing a good bit of his clumsiness and was getting closer to using his monkey powers freely, but I still thought of him as the bumbling boy he was when we were younger.

With an all-too happy smile, Ron waved at me as he shouted out, "I got him KP! I finally got him!" It was an achievement, that's for sure. Though I wish he kept his focus on his surroundings while celebrating the fact. Because if he did, he would have dodged the metal ball that was sent hurtling to his face, which knocked him unconscious. Turning to the thrower, I gave Shego a disappointed look, in which she returned with a shrug.

"Hey. Don't look at me like that. I was just stopping him from getting a big head out off 'defeating' a man-child." With a casual sway, Shego released all tension in her body and, as if we weren't at opposing sides of the law, grabbed a remote from somewhere and turned on the still intact TV.

"How's life been treating you?" Once again, as if our status as hero and villain didn't matter, Shego started the conversation. However, even I, at this point, didn't care about our status and simply looked around the somewhat destroyed base. Fortunately, there was an untouched fridge not too far away from me.

With ice cream in hand, I plopped down beside Shego and finally answered her question. "Life's been good, actually. Though schoolwork's been rather stressful, other than that, I met this cool lady that gives me free food." I don't know why, but that last sentence caused Shego to stiffen. Curious, I eyed her and watched as she gave me a blank stare.

"Please don't tell me she's...luring you?" It was a weird question, but after some silence, I finally realized what she meant, which caused me to blush and fling some ice cream at her. Unfortunately, she simply caused the delicious treat to evaporate with her plasma before it could hit her.

"Shego! EWW! That is soooo inappropriate! Azie's practically my older sister! Heck! Even mom treats her like she's her own kid!" Though, I have to admit, ignoring the possibilities of us being related, Azie's the type of girl I'd honestly go for. I mean, how could I not? Not only is she like the greatest cook ever, but I could tell that she's got a badass hidden deep inside her.