The baby

3rd person POV

Chouza Akimichi was on his way back to Konoha. He jumped from tree to tree as fast as he could to see his beloved son . When he was halfway there , he heard the sound of a crying child.

Curious , he jumped down from the tree he was in and followed the sound . He finally found the source of the sound in the middle of a badly damaged clearing surrounded by many lifeless bodies . Blood surrounded the trees and bodies , most of the bloodied trees in the clearing are either standing without branches or their roots had been torn off the ground .

One of the bodies was hugging a baby tightly , like a father would to protect his child . By the position he died in , Chouza could see that he was trying to protect the baby from the other ninjas .

He examined all of them but found no trace of a headband which meant he had no clue where they came from . His attention reverted back to the infant as she continued to cry .

Her small hands were balled into fist , gripping the man's shirt as hard as she could . Chouza carefully removed her hands away from the man's bloodied shirt and took her in his hands .

He examined the baby this time . She had both of her raven hair tied into pigtails , by the length of her hair it proved that she wasn't born recently.

He couldn't see her eyes as she was still bawling her eyes out . "Shush , little girl it's alright , you're safe ." He told her as he stroke her pale , cold cheeks .

The infant's eyes flashed opened to see her savior . Now , Chouza could clearly see her eyes , the two emerald eyes were staring at him with  curiosity and confusion .

He found himself smiling at the little girl. The baby took one of his fingers and gripped it , it was meant to be tight but her baby power did nothing to his meaty finger . Suddenly he saw a piece of paper sticking out of the blanket .

'Take Setsuna with you and go . Leave the village and never come back . Please protect her brother , you're the only person I can trust . Don't worry about me , I'll find a way to survive and I will bring our father back .

Love ,
Your favorite sister .'

Chouza looked at the bundle who was gripping his finger . 'So...it seems like we'll stay together for a while .'

He left the battlefield and continued his journey together with the bundle in his hands .

--- Time Skip ---

The Hokage was now staring at the little girl who was giggling , stretching out her hands only to pull his beard down , causing him to grunt in response . He had just given the girl the permission to stay at the leaf . He couldn't just let her die out there alone . She hadn't even started her life yet .

He was surprised to see Chouza came in with not only the mission report bit also an infant . Chouza had explained everything , causing him to sympathise the little girl . The Hokage had planned to find a new parents for the girl but Chouza volunteer to adopt her . There was only one problem , he needed his wife's agreement .

The Hokage agreed and offered to take care of the girl for a while , but now he was starting to think that it was a bad idea . The girl wouldn't let go of his beard no matter what , he could only hope that Chouza return quickly .

Chouza's POV

"Honey , Choji , I'm home !" I shouted as I surprised my wife and son in the living room.

"Dad !" Choji exclaimed as he hugged my leg. My wife got up and hugged me . "Welcome home dear . " I hugged her back for a while before both of us pulled away .

"Honey .... what do you think about us adopting a child ?"

"I wouldn't mind it if you do and besides Chouji will have another friend in this house ....But why do you want to adopt a kid ?" She asked after processing it for a while .

I told her everything starting from the beginning . She gasped slightly when she heard me saying corpse surrounding the baby . "So you mean to tell me that her uncle died in front of her very eyes ?" I nodded my head , feeling the same towards the girl .

"Then what are we waiting for ?! Go get that baby home , we will take her as an Akimichi , besides Chouji won't mind having a sister right ?"

Chouji smiled and shook his head . "I'd be happy with a new sister !"

"It's settle then , I'll go and fill in the forms and then I'll be back with her ." I said as I left the house not before kissing her of course .

3rd person POV

"Ne Chouji , let's go , we need to buy new things for your new sister ."

"Un , I'll play with her , I'll sleep with her , I'll read her stories and and -"

"Alright , you can do that after your dad come back with her . Now let's go ."

The 2 left the compound and went to a baby store . Meanwhile Chouza was in the Hokage office filling some files about Setsuna .

Since they didn't know when she was born , they decided to make the day Chouza found her which was today , December 27 as her birthday.

"Well Chouza , I hope you take good care of this child ." Lord Hokage stroke his beard , relieved that Chouza finally took the girl away .

"Of course I will ." He then excused himself as he left the room with the girl .

Setsuna's POV

I watched with amusement as he was greeted by many people who squealed when they saw me . Chouza Akimichi , a shinobi from Konoha , head clan of the Akimichi clan , I had heard of him but never actually met him in person . Oh well , nice to meet you papa .

We finally stopped in front of a house ,he took out a key and opened the door . "Honey , Chouji , I'm back ." He shouted .

A woman appeared in front of me , taking me from my adopted father . She is a full-bodied woman with short black hair and eyes (search Narutopedia and you'll find her , she doesn't have a name and I won't follow her personality .)

"Aw , so cute ! Chouji come and meet your little sister !" She shouted .

My adopted mom crouched down so that my adopted brother could see me . It seemed my mom here was a ninja seeing as her chakra was powerful .

My brother poked my cheek and said " She looks like a peach mom ." My parents laughed at his comment . I took his finger and gripped it with my fingers , not too tight of course or his- ...our parents , might got suspicious .

My mom squealed in delight for whatever reason that I didn't know . "Now , let's go to the living room , we have some gifts for your little sister here , don't we ?"

My brother nodded furiously as he tugged on mom's shirt and led us to the living room . Turned out they had bought me some clothes , each had different colors , though it seemed like my mom didn't like pink too much cause I only had one pink clothes .

But mom sure did love orange and purple . I didn't mind, as long as it's comfortable I would wear it . My brother had bought me a pastel-pink bunny which I adored . Since I was getting sleepy , I hugged the bunny close to me and closed my eyes .

=================================
I DO NOT OWN NARUTO

Please vote and comment !

Thanks for reading !