❥𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝚃𝚆𝙴𝙽𝚃𝚈-𝚂𝙸𝚇

Around this time of year in Liyue, the nights would grow colder and the morning sun would never fail to rise later. Trees would shed their beautiful ornaments to instead become bear and have their leaves decorate the soil. The warm colors would pave way for the cooler temperatures, although it never got to the temperatures Snezhnaya would typically have. 

It was the time pumpkins were to be picked, although Lisa would beg to differ, since she believes they should cease to exist all together. This type of year would be the start to pave way for new beginnings, so that once trees are barren, they would soon after contain fruits even more plump than the lasts harvest. Everything about this type of weather was so relaxing, it especially being a vacation from the scorching blazes the summers would provide.

And on a particular day during this season, the lands were encumbered by mystery, magic, and most importantly, superstition. It is lost in the wind of how this day came to be, but the conclusion that is reached is that we honor those spirits that have trouble moving onto the next world as well as honor those that have already done so.

But it is not a day of honor for mourning, in fact it is a festivity. You gather with those in your community and dress up as something you normally aren't, and spread joy through giving out treats or inducing scares upon others through tricks.

Halloween was a night Hu Tao was fond of, in fact she could proudly exclaim that it was her favorite. 

Hu Tao sat on the edge of her bed, kicking her feet back and forth while humming a chilling and eerie tune that was sure to make anyone wary. In her lap sat dozens of letters, all addressed to different people and yet not a single one sent out for its purpose. She gently glided her finger aside the letter that sat on the top of the pile, finding its midway before flipping it closed so that its contents couldn't be read by just anyone who glanced at it.

A giddy grin rose to her face as she looked down at the pile excitedly, knowing the day she had planned would be filled with nothing but a fun time. To her surprise, the night before she had been informed that no one intended to do anything fun for Halloween. She had every intention to change that, and although she would need some help to make things go smoothly, she was sure tonight would be a night to remember.

Hu Tao realized she was getting lost in her thoughts when she glanced at the clock to see the time. She immediately stopped swinging her legs and moved forward a bit to plant her feet onto the ground, grabbing ahold of the letters so they wouldn't fall before standing.

She shoved the letters into her pocket, making sure they were secure before grabbing her hat off the side table beside the bed and fixating it atop her head.

"Yosh! First things first, finding my victim!"

——————♡——————

Hu Tao searched all around the teapot knowing that (Y/N) had intended to stay there today, but to her immense disappointment, she couldn't find them anywhere. 

She had checked their room, searched the library, the kitchen, the lounge area-- basically every area that there was inside the household. Unless they were in another roommate's room, which was highly unlikely, (Y/N) was nowhere to be found. 

But Hu Tao wouldn't just give up on her search-- she was absolutely sure she heard (Y/N) mention that they would be staying inside the teapot for the day. 

Although her confidence that they remained inside the teapot dwindled, Hu Tao figured it would be better to go ask the overseer of the house, Tubby, if she had seen them around. It was better to try than just give up, because her tasks would prove to be really difficult without their assistance.