❥𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝚂𝙸𝚇𝚃𝚈-𝙵𝙾𝚄𝚁

(S/O/N) = Significant other's name. Could be male, female, non-binary, whatever you want.

——————♡——————

The room held a long rectangular wooden table that could fit up to eight people, the structure built into the building as tatami mats were laid out around it. Natural light from the morning sun filtered in through the windows making dust shine as it floated in the air since the place had been unkept for a while. Atop the table held many local sweets ranging from colorful dango to taiyaki and star candies.

These sweets slowly diminished overtime as none other than Ei sat down in front of the wooden table in her palace, endlessly ordering sweets since it had been so long since she had gotten a taste of any. She had to say, over the years culinary advancements were tweaked to perfection-- but not too much so since it still gave that nostalgic taste she desired.

Miko and (Y/N) were present in the room, standing in front of the ex-archon who really was uncaring about not being in possession of the gnosis and continued to stay in the same position as leader of Inazuma. (Y/N) had just been informed that Ei no longer held the position when were told that a man who held striking resemblance to someone they fought a while back had taken the gnosis from Miko in exchange for Aether's life.

"I would say welcome home now, but I will save that for when you fully return after you complete your affairs in Liyue." Miko said as she took a stick of dango from one of the plates on the table and tossed it over to (Y/N), who effortlessly caught it without getting any stickiness on their hands.

Sitting in a meditative position, Ei stared forward as she gave the two a hard look. Her attention darted away from the pink haired woman to stare solely at (Y/N), watching as they turned over the sweet treat in their hand to admire the pastel colors.

"You do plan on returning, don't you?" Ei asked with a raised eyebrow and almost threatening tone-- though they knew it was because she wanted them to return, but wasn't intending for it to sound forceful.

They watched as (Y/N) chomped down onto the dango and pulled off one of the round sweets with their teeth as they shrugged.

"Of course, I have no other choice." They said while eating, etiquette displayed in front of the Shogun thrown out the window, which would definitely make Kujou Sara throw a fit if she had witnessed it.

Ei gently shut her eyes while shaking her head back and forth, her face contorting with a twinge of reluctance. "I must advise you to be cautious. I'm sure you will run into your old comrades." She mumbled.

(Y/N)'s hand that held the dango bowed slightly downward as their body suddenly grew heavy, a frown being displayed on their face as they nodded their head to show they understood.

"Thank you for your concern, but I'll be fine. I only want to aide the traveler on her wishes to reunite with her brother and take back what is mine. I promise I will return." They reassured, moving the treat up to take another bite, holding their attention on the mats in front of them instead of the two woman.

Miko hummed, her curious thoughts being spoken out loud.

"To think after so many years you would run into the counterpart. Perhaps it was fated for you to meet them."

(Y/N) shrugged. "Maybe it is."

They weren't a big believer in fate, but too many coincidences and unlikely scenarios have occurred. From meeting plentiful amount of vision wielders to befriending the brother and sister hundreds of years apart unintentionally, they had no choice to believe that a semblance of this theory of 'fate' had dictated the course of their life.