Chelsea: Betrayal to one's self

Apparently the answer was yes. Just because she could defy the rules and lives of man didn't mean she didn't need a means of income. It would be harder than her . . . usual profession, but it provided a place to live and an nature farm to keep others away from. She was fairly sure she'd hate herself give a few weeks, but a long term distraction wasn't too much to complain about. She always liked a good challenge.

And she was reminded she could have chickens of her own when the time came. That's what really sold her. It was embarrassing but it's the small things in life that mater.

For now the only thing she had to complain about was her living situation. She'd already managed to find some left over supplies in the house and was trained in by Taro on how to get her crop started. Not that it was much more than a garden in reality, and she was more than knowledgeable on how to plant a turnip. Given a few thousand years being alive, she'd managed to pick up a few skills here and there, believe it or not.

She groaned to her self as she looked over the sad space she could now call her own. First thing in the morning she was going to make a broom and find a bucket. Everything was caked in a layer of dust save for the layers of blankets that had been protected by a heavy quilt she carefully peeled off the bed to avoid creating a dust cloud.

There was nothing in the home other than an old rotary phone, empty side table, and a dusty fake orchid she'd went and dunked in the river to clean off. The single pristine fake plant looked stupidly out of place in this dank setting.

From the rucksack she'd pulled out the clothes to take a look at what resources she could fend off of this lost Chelsea. There was a yellow shirt, an orange button, and a pair of jeans that Nyxn was sure she could fix up something she could wear. They were too short for her to use as pants, but the waist line was conveniently the same. Aside from some essentials and the wallet with the IDs and cash, there wasn't much else to take advantage of. But all Nyxn had was the T-shirt on her back, her dark jeans, and a good pair of lace up boots. The satchel of supplies she did have must have been taken by the waves which was upsetting. It contained all that she owned.

She had few things she kept close and they had all been secured in that bag which was likley burried under a new layer of sand somehwere on the ocean floor. She swallowed down the aching the thought caused in her chest and laid back in the bed.

Her throat scratched because of the dust. Nothing more.

Even though the bed was free from the heavy dust it still smelled like dirt. That didn't stop her from falling asleep under what blankets where there, hunger still in the back of her mind.

* * *

After being scared out of her sleep by the arrival of a merchant a single day after getting settled in, the last thing she was expecting was for another shopkeeper to come knocking on her door at ungodly hours in the morning ten days later. She hadn't even been there for two weeks and people were moving in? She didn't have money to spend at these shops, Taro was moving too fast. He was going to drive them all into bankruptcy if he kept this up. And how had he contact them in this time anyways? These as all incredibly unrealistic and unnerving.

"Hello?"

"Yes, one moment please." Nyxn called back towards the door as she tied the bandana over her pointed ears, making sure she was presentable before going towards the door. Why were humans up so early in the day, honestly? She just wanted to be left alone for a week to clean and bathe and dust this dirty home.

"What is it?" She asked flatly, to tired to catch her emotion before pausing after she realized her tone she'd spoken. "I mean, Hi?"

"Dear god." A girl snorted from where she was standing behind the woman at the door. The blonde turned away before Nyxn could glare at her for being rude. "I'll go see if there's an extra Stetson we can give as a house warming gift."