Chapter 3

3장
Family
.•°°•☆ ☆•°°•.

Author's POV

The interview was soon released the next 3 days and it got alot of views in every online streaming sites and apps. Before everything was posted, you finally called your parents and talked about it. They were of course sad about you, but they try to understand. His parents knew as well, and they weren't liking what you did, but you wanted to explain it to them. They don't listen though, and they ignore your calls as much as possible.

Jungkook sat on the couch in his apartment that he purchased after the divorce, with his parents talking about how disappointed and mad they are at you. He would say the same, but he wanted to watch the interview.

"Bold of her to marry our son and just get reckless," his mom tutted yet still focused on the interview. "Pathetic."

"Mom, watch your words," Jungkook groaned in annoyance as he isn't liking how his mom is behaving now. It irked him that his own parents talk bad about you, the mother of his children, he still respects you because of that.

"And then what happened next?"

"I really don't know. I did drank, I was drunk. But all I remembered was dancing and then the next moment I knew, I'm already in my friend's house. Then they told me I made out with someone and a video about it was already out on the internet. But no matter how hard I try to remember, I just couldn't."

He tilted his head, frowning. Are you saying the truth? Then he's a fool for leaving you. But then again, you didn't explain in the first place when he asked you to. Who's really at fault?

"Excuses," his mother continued and rolled her eyes. She really respects you so much, she loves you, but because this happened, she just doesn't like it at all. She's mad at you.

"Mom, please," Jungkook pleaded, closing his eyes in annoyance and pinched the bridge of his nose.

The children are at home with you since you didn't really plan to watch the interview yet, and for that, they won't know. You did turn on the tv for them to watch cartoons, and you sat on the couch with Minhan on your lap, while Minhoo just sat beside you too.

"Ms. Y/n, if ever....maybe in the near future, would you still let him in your life once again? Either for the sake of your children, or you know....genuinely."

"For the sake of my children, yes.. But also--- you know, it's sad how I'm not even planning to move on yet," "But also.....I am foolish and gullible. Yes, I want him back."

And it struck him. You're willing to forgive him because you know you're the one who's wrong. But also, he realized that he left you, which is a mistake as well. "Well, that escalated real quick," his mother chuckled and shook her head in disbelief. "She's foolish and gullible to think you'd even go back to her."

"But what if I will?" he turned to his mother who looked at him with a raised brow.

"Really?" she asked. Jungkook nodded holding eye contact with his mother. "Well, it's your choice. She's the mother of your children though. Can't do anything about it," she laughed and shrugged.

"You won't do anything about it?"

"Why would I? I would love it better that way. I still want to see my grandchildren though," she stood and walked to the kitchen, planning to cook something. Jungkook looked back at the tv to see you smiling. Although it's fake, it doesn't reach your eyes, a small smile played on his lips. It's been a long time since he last saw you smile. Yeah, a very long time.