002. The visitor

"Thanks so much for dinner" Amelia said as she was walking out of Emily's apartment. "Bye Josh! I'll see you soon" she said as she hugged the seven year old. Josh looked into the baby seat in her hand and kissed Scout's head. "Bye bye" he said, waving to them before Emily closed the door.

"Ok buddy it's time for bed. You go upstairs while I finish cleaning up. I'll be up to say goodnight." Emily said to Josh as she walked towards the kitchen.

Just as she finished putting the plates away, she heard her phone ringing.

*incoming call from Addie*

"Hey Addie, you just missed Amy and Josh is just gone to bed" she said as she answered the phone.

"Hey Em. It's alright I'll call Amy later and I can talk to Josh tomorrow. I actually need to talk to you about something."

"Yeah okay what's up? " Emily replied cautiously.

"Well I got a call from Richard this morning. He wants me to run grand rounds at Grey Sloan."

"Seriously? You're coming to Seattle? That's amazing! "

"Are you sure? Because I know you didn't want anybody to know that you know me and Amy and I don't want to ruin what you've got there..." Addison began.

"Addie right now I don't care about any of that. When do I get to see you!? "

"Well I fly in next week"

The two finished up their conversation, leaving Emily very excited. She hadn't planned on telling people about Addison and Amelia but right now she didn't care. That was a problem for next week. Right now, she just wanted to enjoy the excitement.

                                         *

The next week went by like a flash and suddenly that day had arrived. Emily was very excited to see Addison but she was starting to get quite nervous as they hadn't talked about how they were going to act when they saw each other.

"Oh my god grand rounds is today." Jess shouted as she entered the room. "Who do you think it is? "

Ever since Webber had announced the return of grand rounds with a special guest everyone had been trying to guess who it was.

"I have no idea but I bet it's somebody amazing" replied Emily. She hadn't told anybody that she knew who the guest was. She felt sort of special being the only one who knew. Well for now at least.

"Oh my god they announced it" someone screamed. As soon as everyone heard that, there was chaos. People were clearly excited to hear that the Dr. Addison Forbes Montgomery would be teaching them.

As the interns approached the lecture hall, they saw the residents standing outside. Apparently it was locked. Just as Emily was about to ask what was going on, Bailey, Webber and Grey turned the corner.

"Welcome to grand rounds on foot" Webber said with a smile. "What does that mean?" asked on of the residents.

"It means you'll be coming with me. Nice to meet everyone, I'm Dr. Addison Montgomery, and you must be the residents who've been screwing up the program." Addison caught Emily's eye and have her a wink. Emily rolled her eyes with a laugh. She could tell Addie was going to enjoy this.

As the group followed Addison around the hospital, Emily was b barely paying attention to what was going on. Seeing Addison again for the first time in four months was making her miss the life she had in L.A before she moved to Seattle.

Emily was pulled from her train of thought by the other residents bickering. "I heard Grey cheated with Dr. Montgomery's husband Dr. Shepherd"

"You mean Dr. Grey's husband Derek Shepherd?"

"No. Maybe. I don't know"

"I heard he was married to both of them. Though probably not at the same time.

Emily had to laugh. She knew that by the end of the day these rumours would be out of control. Who knew what the final story would be.

As soon as Schmidt finished presenting on the patient, Addison dismissed the residents. Emily stayed behind and once everyone else was gone, she turned to Addison  and suddenly leapt into her arms.

Addison spun her around and the two shared what could possibly have been the longest hug in the world. "I've missed you so much" that both cried at each other as they hugged again.

They stayed like that, while filling each other in about what they had missed before they were interrupted by Dr. Grey.  "Oh I'm sorry I didn't realise you two knew each other."

" Well this is awkward" said Addison with a laugh. "No please, it's fine" replied Meredith. "But just out of curiosity how do you two know each other?"

Emily debated just running away and pretending this never happened but she decided that it was better to just tell Meredith the truth. " Addison is my aunt" she said after a few seconds.

"Oh I never realised that Archer had a daughter! That's amazing." Meredith said with a smile. She found it strange that Derek had never mentioned Addison having a niece but knowing Archer, he probably didn't know he had a daughter.

"No actually he doesn't. Emily is the daughter of my other brother Andrew."

"Oh I didn't know you had another brother" now Meredith was very confused. How much about Addison did Derek not tell her.

"Neither did I" said Addison with a laugh. Emily looked up at her awkwardly. "My parents didn't exactly have the best marriage. They both cheated and I learned almost eight years ago that my father had another son he never told us about. "

Meredith just looked at the two Montgomerys standing in front of her. "Wow" was all she could say.

Addison and Emily looked at each other and laughed. "Yeah I know, wow" they said.