007. The Night to Forget

Emily saw him walk into the ER and her body automatically froze up. She was paralyzed with fear. She thought she would never have to see him again. She was wrong about that.

She was pulled into the memories she had tried so hard to forget of that night. The worst night of her life. She had only told very few people about that night. Addison, Amelia, the rest of the practice and a police officer. She had hoped that would be all that ever needed to know. but now she wasn't so sure.

She was pulled out of her thoughts by Addison calling her name. "Emily. Emily? EMILY"

"Sorry Addie I um.. I just um.."

"Hey, Em, don't worry. Dr. Hunt just told us that Josh is fine. No internal bleeding. His scans are clear. You can take him home soon" Addison said, trying to comfort Emily. But she noticed that Emily was still distracted.

"Hey Emily are you ok?"

"What? oh yeah I'm fine." Emily answered trying to forget what she saw. She hoped she was imagining it. "So Josh bud you ready to go home?"

*

As Emily tucked Josh into bed that night, all she could think of was whether they were safe. If he had found them at the hospital he may have found out where they live and she couldn't risk him finding them. She thought about her options and came to one conclusion. She had to run. The only question was whether to tell Addison and Amelia. Emily wanted to tell them she really did but she knew what they'd say. They would try to convince her that they could protect her. That she could be safe. But she knew that as long as he was still out there, she would never be safe.

Emily kissed her son goodnight and went to her bedroom. She sighed as she sat on the bed. What on earth was she going to do? She tossed and turned all night until she came up with her plan. She would go to work tomorrow and then afterwards, she would take Josh and run. At least being in work would give her a chance to say goodbye to Addison and Amelia without them being suspicious. If she was going to pull this off, nobody could know what she was doing.

*

The next morning Emily got Josh up and ready for school and drove to work, the nerves making stomach turn. She was terrified of what may come next.

She walked into the hospital. Her guard up, just waiting and hoping he wouldn't return. She made her way to the locker room and got herself ready for rounds.

"Montgomery you're with me today,"Dr. Altman announced from the door. Emily ran after her, not completely paying attention to the older doctors description of their patient.

"Montgomery are you paying attention or do I need to find a new intern?" Altman asked, noticing how distracted she was. "I don't want a repeat of what happened in my OR yesterday".

"No sorry Dr. Altman I'm ok". She had to keep it together. Nobody could know her plan. They'd tell addison and that was the last thing she needed.

She followed Dr. Altman to the patients room, and as she looked up, she saw her worst nightmare standing before her. There he was. With a child, and a wife. As if he didn't know her. Emily felt sick. She almost ran from the room but her legs wouldn't let her.

Suddenly the flashbacks came. The screaming. The pain. She couldn't take it anymore. That's when everything went black.

AN: ok so it's been a while..... I honestly completely forgot about this story until recently and I really love it so I'm going to continue. Let me know what you think of this one!