Chapter 11

Cameron's POV
It's been almost 3 weeks since I got back from the training camp with the national team. Everything's been going great and I've been thinking a lot about signing a contract with the Thorns.

"How'd you sleep kid?" asked Ky stepping out of the bathroom in our dorm in only just a towel.

"Pretty good." I told her yawning as we changed places with me walking into the bathroom and her into the bedroom.

I turned the shower on after undressing myself and stepped in to enjoy the hot water hitting my skin.

*20 minutes later*

After spending 20 minutes in there I finally got out only to hear my phone ring from the other side of the door on my bed.

The bathroom door slightly opened and Kylee handed me my phone saying "Tell Sonnett I said hi." I just smiled and nodded. Oh yeah did I forget to tell you that Emily had gotten closer over the weeks? My bad, I guess I did.

"Hey Emi." I said picking up the phone and putting in on speaker so I could continue getting ready.

"Helloo monkey." she said and I could hear the amusement in her voice knowing that I didn't like the nickname she'd given me around a week ago.

I groaned accepting the fact that I won't be able to stop her from calling me that. "First of all I hate that nickname-" I said but got interrupted immdetiately "But you love me." said Emily on the other end of the phone. I rolled my eyes knowing she couldn't see it. "Second of all why'd you call?" I asked her curious to know.

"Well I just wanted to know if you decided on a team yet?" she asked me probably hoping that I'd choose Portland.

"Kind of." I told her kind of unsure of my decision. "I mean I know what team I wanna play for but that would mean leaving UCLA and Kylee behind."

"And what team is it?" she asked completely ignoring the fact I was sad about leaving the university and my bestfriend. "I think you know." I said laughing. "Portland?" she asked, her voice filled with hope. "Yes." I said smiling as I heard her shriek over the phone.

"I gotta go now tho cause you know...I'm still studying." I said as I let out a slight chuckle. "Alright. Bye babe." she said sending shivers down my spine. "By-" I didn't even get to finish before she hung up. Babe? That's weird.

Emily's POV
It's been a few hours since I talked to Cameron and called her babe. I honestly have no idea what had gotten into me that moment. I mean I even hung up before she could say goodbye.

"What ya thinking about?" I heard someone ask me from behind scaring the shit out of me. I recognised the voice to be Tobin. "Oh uhh nothing important." I said kind of embarrassed of myself. "Come on you know you can tell me." she said nudging me as she sat down on the bench next to me as I was putting my cleats on. I sighed giving in. "I accidentally called Cameron babe before hanging up." I said as I looked up at her smiling at me. "Was it really an accident?" she asked with one of her eyebrows raised. "Yes. Now let's get to practice." I said standing up and walking out of the changing room towards the field.

*2 hours later*

Practice was just over around five minutes ago and I could already tell that it made me feel so much better than I was before. It made me release all the stress that my own stupidity caused me.

I walked out of the changing room after I was done, saying goodbye to the others and quickly exiting the stadium before Tobin could ask me anything else.

I walked home since I live walking distance from there. As soon as I stepped into the apartement building my phone started ringing. I could not find it for the life of me so I just left it ringing until they hung up and I finally got into my apartement and I was able to search for my phone.

Once I found it I looked at who was calling me a few minutes ago and it was not who I was expecting. Either way I called them back.

"Yes Tobin?" I said as she picked up the phone. "Nothing really, I just wanted to ask about the thing we talked about earlier. You know...you calling Cam babe." She said while chuckling.

"What about it? I told you it was on accident. And I hung up right after anyway.." I said kind of ashamed. "Oh come on, you gotta tell her now, I don't think she's stupid enough to not figure it by herself so I think it's better if you tell her." she said pretty seriously. "I can't." I said sadly..

Cameron's POV
"And we're done. Thank you Miss Davis and welcome to the team." said Mark as he shook my hand while the cameras were clicking. I'm officially a Portland Thorns player.

I walked out of Mark's office after he introduced me to the team's schedule and told me everything I needed to know. I walked straight towards Tobin who was waiting for me in the parking lot.

"Hi." I said with a big ass smile on face hugging her as tightly as I could. "Hey." she said softly as she leaned down and buried her face in my neck.

After a few minutes of hugging and being happy to see each other again we finally got in the car. I looked to the backseat as soon as we were on the road noticing my things not being there. "Your stuff is already at my place." she told me smiling after noticing the confused look on my face. I sighed a sigh of relief.

As soon as we got to Toby's apartement she got her phone out and dialed Emily's number. She picked up within seconds of us calling her. "Yeah Tobs?" she asked. "Come to my place right now, we gotta talk." she said with a serious tone in her voice making Emily think something was wrong. "Okay but-" Emi started but was soon cut off by Tobin hanging up so she couldn't ask any questions.

After about 5 minutes of waiting we heard the doorbell ring signaling the arrival of the one and only Emily Sonnett.

I sat down in the living room as I heard the door open. "What's up Heath?" Emily asked as she walked into the apartment. "There's something we need to talk about. Come on let's go to the living room so we can sit down." Tobs said to her still with her pretty serious act on. As soon as she said that I stood up and walked into the kitchen.

Before they could say anything I walked back into the living room like it was normal for me to be there. "Want anything to drink?" I asked the two as I walked in smiling. "Yeah sure" Emily said as she looked at me then away and then at me again realizing I was there. She jumped up from the sofa embracing me.

"You signed?" she asked with tears of joy in her eyes. I just nodded into her chest. "When? And why didn't you tell me?" she asked me once again. "Today and I wanted it to be a surprise." I said pulling away from her.

"I don't have anywhere to stay tho so Tobs and I were wondering if I could stay with you until I find the right apartement?" I asked grinning at her.

"I- uhh of course." she said speechless. "Let's go." she said dragging me and my things out before I could even do anything.

"Bye!" I shouted back to Tobin who just smiled at me from the doorway.

And with that we were off to a new start...

Word count: 1343 words

A/N: I'm back after over a year so I hope you guys will enjoy the new chapter. I'll try my best to update as much as possible but I won't promise anything.