Chapter 2

Cameron's POV
Yesterday was game day and we won. It was an easy match to be honest. It's currently 7:45am on a Sunday and I have 15 minutes until my uber comes to take me to Carson where the training camp will be. I'm hella excited but I'll try to keep my cool cause I don't wanna embarass myself in front of the women I adore.

I haven't talked to Diane since our argument about me going to camp but I think I'll call her tonight to clear things up.

It was now 7:55 so I decided to head outside to wait for the uber.

"Good luck kid. You'll do great. I'm gonna miss you." Ky said as she hugged me. She was like a sister to me and I honestly don't think that I would've survived these three years without her. This is her last year so I don't know how I'm gonna cope next year without her by my side.

"I'm gonna miss you too" I mumbled into her shirt still hugging her. When I looked up I realized that my uber was here. Ky helped me put my stuff in the trunk and then I got in the car.
I waved to Kylee as we drove off until she was out of sight.

About 20 minutes later we stopped in front of a hotel. I was about to pay the uber driver when he told me that Jill has already paid him. Well then.
As I stepped into the hotel's lobby I was greeted by Jill.

"Hello Cameron. Here's your room key, you're in room 216. You all have a day off today and we'll start training tomorrow. Dinner is at 6, please be on time so the whole team can meet you. Hope you'll feel welcomed" she said as she handed me my room key.

"Thank you Jill" I walked towards the elevator and went to the second floor where my room is. The thing is that Jill didn't tell me who I'm rooming with so I don't know what to expect.

As I opened the door I saw someone sitting on the balcony. The only thing I could figure out was that the person had blonde hair. I walked into the room and set my things down next to the empty bed. I walked towards the door of the balcony and opened it scaring the person sitting there who turned out to be Emily Sonnett. She only joined the team last year so I don't know much about her. All I know is that she's a defender and she plays for the Portland Thorns like Tobin.

"Jeez you scared the shit out of me" she said holding her heart dramatically while laughing.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to" I said laughing with her as I walked out onto the balcony closing the door behind me. "I'm Cameron by the way, I'm the rookie" I said as I offered her my hand. Instead of shaking it she pulled me into a hug which caught me off guard.

"I'm Emily but you can call me Sonnett or Sonny" she said pulling away from me with a smile on her face. Like I said I don't know much about her but she seems really nice and fun to be around.
"Alright, so tell me about yourself." Emily said as she sat back down leaning back in her chair.

"Well, my name's Cameron Davies, I'm 20 and I study at UCLA. Soccer is literally my life and playing with the national team has been my dream since I was really young so this whole situation seems really surreal right now." I said looking at her. I'm not going to lie, she's fairly attractive.

"Yeah, I know how you feel. I freaked out when I was called up to camp last year. But the girls have become my family since then." she was looking out onto the city smiling and I couldn't help but notice how beautiful her smile is. Oh stop it Cameron! You have a girlfriend!
I didn't wanna come off as rude or anything but I was curious so I just popped the question.

"Do you have a boyfriend?" as soon as I said it I noticed how desperate I sounded and quickly covered my mouth while Sonnett just laughed at me.

"Nope, I'm single" she said popping the p in nope. "What about you?" uhh I didn't want to answer that.

"I have a girlfriend, well at least I think so" I said nervously but I don't even know why I was nervous.

"What do you mean you think so?"

"Well, you see I've been dating this girl since I was 17. She used to be the best thing in my life but in the past year she's been acting weird. She cheated on me twice but I always gave her another chance cause I love her. Now she freaked out when I told her that I got called up to camp saying that I'm gonna meet Tobin and just forget about her. I feel like I should call her but I don't know"

"Damn, that sucks. I'm sorry but you deserve better" she said smiling at me. Maybe she's right. But I don't want to let her go.

"You might be right. Thanks Sonnett"

"No problem Davies" She said as she looked down at her phone seeing that she got a text from someone. "Wanna go to Kelley's room? She just texted me that Alex left her to go out with Tobin and Christen and she's bored"

"Sure" Well, looks like I'm about to meet one of my biggest role models. I wonder how this is gonna go.

We were walking towards Kelley and Alex's room in silence. Emily was walking in front of me so I took that opportunity to jump on her back cause I wasn't in the mood to walk. Also from what I've seen in videos she's a very goofy and funny person but she hasn't shown that side of her to me yet.

"Well hello there." she said laughing when I jumped on her back. A few seconds later she started running down the hall until she slowed down and stopped in front of a door trying to catch her breath.

"Thanks for the piggyback ride Sonny" I said jumping off of her back.

"Anything for you Davies" she said still laughing. She went to knock on the door but before she could do that Kelley opened it. Well here we go.

Word count: 1111 words

A/N: This is my first book so let me know what you think of it so far.