- chapter two -

I'm falling. But this must be impossible. Did I fall asleep or something? I must have. I pinch myself, too hard. After what feels like 5 hours of falling. Which is another thing that shouldn't be true because otherwise Madi, Serena and Emma should be back already and would have found the portal-like thing. Minute after minute, second after second, time ticks by and seeps into my brain. I can tell it hasn't been more than five hours but still it seems like forever. It's not exactly the boredom that gets to me but the fear. Will I ever come back? What happened back home? Will I ever see my friends again or what if it's something else. Maybe they have and they're in here with you. my brain tortured me. They can't be here. I tell myself (over and over again). It was a weak argument but it still makes me feel better, if only for a moment. It doesn't feel like I'm falling anymore but I can still feel the rush of air. I'm not moving but I can feel the wind against my back. Its pitch black and there is no light in any direction and no other significant pieces other than swirling black "starlight" as I'm now calling it, in the back of my mind I knew I was trying to make the best of this situation, I was failing miserably.

After another hour of falling, or so it feels, I hit the floor. I thought it would be more painful, The floors are not hard but it's not soft either. It feels like I'm falling onto a foam floor, "at least it's not stone" I mutter, standing up and dusting myself off. As soon as I stand up the floor becomes wood. I look up and see that I am in a large metal box, there are no doors or windows and there is no one around me. I can't even see where I came from. There are no lightbulbs in the room but there is still light. In the middle of the room there is a small table with two wooden chairs. It reminded me of an interrogation room that my dad showed me once. He's a cop and about two years ago there was a "bring your child to work day" my mom took my little brother to her classroom and my dad took me to the police station. As soon as I walked in everyone surrounded me and started giving me hugs and asking if I felt better. Turns out my dad told everyone that I was recovering from cancer because I wasn't "interesting enough" were his exact words. I have never been sick in my life. I scoffed, sour at the unpleasant memory I was never enough but I guess if I get out of here I'll finally have something to interesting for him to brag about not that anyone would believe me except for Madi Emma and Serena god I miss them I mutter and punch the wall, which was a bad idea

Shaking away the memory, I walk around the room with my hand against the wall hoping to either hear something, find(even) a dent in the wall (would be better than nothing). What if the room is going to fill up with water, and someone's watching me right now to see my reaction? If someone is going to come in to kill me? The walls are going to close in and I'm going to be crushed to death. The air is going to run out. I'm going to live the rest of my days out in this little box, no food, no water. I've seen too many horror movies and read too many books. I shake my head and continue against the wall. I get back to where I started and the walls are completely flat. No dents, scratches, dirt or any sign of life. I sit against the wall and rest my head in my hands.

"Are you just going to sit there all day?" A voice makes me lift my head. Sitting on a chair with his legs crossed resting on the table was a boy I faintly recognised. He had changed a lot in five years but at the same time not at all. He wore black boots up to his knees, gray jeans and a black hoodie. His wavy chocolate brown hair was longer than I remembered reaching to his shoulders and in his stormy blue eyes I saw that there was a hint of mischief. The only thing that was familiar was the smirk on his face. The smirk that promised a lot of things, a smirk of memories. I stop myself from sprinting to him. I can't get my hopes up that he's actually real. That he's not just a figment of my imagination.

He opens his arms, expecting a hug "C'mon Sky, I don't bite" I smiled, remembering those exact words from a few years ago, before he left me, alone, in a sea of high schoolers. "Are you really going to leave me hanging?" he pouts. I remember all the memories we had together, even if they were only for two years. Pushing each other on the swings, dancing in the rain, staying up all night to watch a movie, camping out on the roof of his house, our last hug. The last time I ever saw him. Now I can see him again, he's standing right there in front of me but I'm afraid. I think I'm afraid that he's not real, that if I hug him he's gonna disappear, then he'll be gone for sure and my heart will be broken again. There would be no fixing it this time.

He mutters something under his breath and walks forward. He wraps me in a hug. His arms are solid around me. They don't feel like air, they feel real.

"Is this real, Jasper? Am I dreaming?" I whisper into his chest, now hard with muscles.

"This is real Sky" he whispers into my hair, his voice like gravel. I feel a tear streak down my face at the sorrow in his voice.

"I missed you Jas" he clings tighter to me, like he's holding the pieces of me together. Hoping I won't go float away.

"I missed to too ky"

29 October 2021

Sorry for updating late! Watt pad wasn't uploading for some reason? 

What do you think of Jasper so far?