- chapter four -

Emma's POV.

Being with Asher was fun and games, I knew he loved me and I loved him. We had been dating for almost a year now and I was happy with him. He was hot, like one of Sky's hot fictional characters or one of Madi's hot anime boys. Abs, blue stormy eyes, blond ashy hair and gym every week, perfect. He was everything I could wish for but there was always something off about him. He would always be thinking, especially when looking at me. Whenever we were cuddling watching a movie he wouldn't be paying attention at all but he wouldn't have his phone out either, he'd just be staring off into space and sometimes he'd mutter something random under his breath like "we need to wait" or "yes sir" i had no idea what they meant and I don't think he heard me.

Today was just like one of those days. As soon as school ended I went back to his dorm because I didn't want to go into pampering Sky and doing homework. I was completely fine being alone with Ash, his roommate was never home and if he was he'd be in his room with some random girl he found at the bar. We were watching a movie and Asher suddenly just jumped up pulling me with him and he ran through the halls, dragging me. All the while I was complaining. Everyone was staring at us. It was quite a sight to see, one of the most popular boys in jeans and loose shirt pulling his girlfriend, who was dressed in sweatpants and a bra with her black hair in a messy bun, along the corridors at full speed. We swerved round the corner and stopped inches away from my dorm room door.

"We're not too late are we?" Asher doesn't bother knocking and just barges in.

Serena is standing there with her hands on her hips looking like a disappointed mother. Her usually dark brown skin has been tainted white with worry. Madi is standing behind her, shorter and half hiding behind her. Whatever's in front of them asher was hiding from my view. When I peaked around him I saw a corner of blackness where the bookshelf was supposed to be. I cried out in horror and almost fell to the floor, asher catching me at the last second. There was Sky inside the balck liquid, doing what I didn't know but she was unconscious floating through the middle of nothing.

Serena glares at my boyfriend "what does it look like asherah?"

"Sorry, your highness, we were a little busy, I didn't notice your calls" Ash dips his head and I look back and forth between my bestfriend and my boyfriend. When was Serena 'her highness' and asher 'asherah'

"Excuse me?" I say at the same time Madi shouts "what" Ash and Serena have never talked to each other before and whenever they're around each other they are stiff and look uncomfortable.

"You'll see in a minute" Serena mutters and grabs Madi's hand. She drags her into the black thing. I scream as they disappear, a few seconds later Ash picks me up bridal style and throws himself with me in his arms into the portal.

"What the hell ash" i scream as we fall

"Sorry darling," he kisses me softly on the head "i don't really have a choice"

Sky POV.

After a while of sitting in silence, left to our own thoughts, Jasper suddenly shoots up and bangs on the wall behind my head 3 times, twice softly and once hard. I wait a few seconds in anticipation and curiosity. I was still mad at him so I wasn't going to talk or ask any stupid questions. I'm scared that if I open my mouth I'll say something extremely random or start crying.

"Fucking hell this place needs fixing up" he mutters under his breath.

"Honestly I'd prefer it if you did not insult my house." A voice I'd recognize anywhere says as the walls slid open. How? I don't know, one second there was a wall the next someone was standing in an archway, behind her shrouded in darkness.

"Sorry, your majesty," Jasper says apologetically, sweeping into a bow. Like he actually meant it, something unusual for him.i ignore the 'princess' part and run up to Serena engulfing her in a hug.

I bury my head into her shoulder "how the hell did you get here!" I whispered in her ear so that Jas wouldn't hear. "And where is here? Cause jasper says its another fucking world."

"Haha, yeah. Sky you might want to sit down?" Serena says and nods to jasper. He goes out of the room and the wall seals back up.

I look at her confused. Since when could she order jasper around like that? She always had a ruling, important nature about her but she usually hung out in the back of the crowd and chose to be ignored. "Explain, please." i beg her and she takes the seat opposite me

"So basically. As Jasper probably explained, we are in another world. The Fae world. Or its proper name which mortals call it, 'Elfame'."

"That still doe-"

Serena interrupts, "who's telling the story?"

I break under her glare "yes, you sorry"

SORRY FOR THE LATE UPDATES!