Prologue

I sat alone at a bench. Eating my bread for a small snack. I still have to get home to my mother. She hates my tardiness.

I hear footsteps so I turn my head to see a boy who looks a year older than me taking a seat on the same bench.

"Hello there." I greet, taking another bite of my bread.

"Hello, you're really pretty." He smiles a closed eye smile.

I blush a little at the complement. "Thank you, I'm (Y/N) and I'm 11."

"Akio, and I'm 12." He replied.

We talked for a while that night. Enjoying each others company until it was time to go home.
____________________________

"YOU WON'T CATCH ME!"

I screamed in excitement as I ran from Akio. We've gotten close since our meet up. Now we're 14 and 15.

We always play games and talk to each other, for an escape from our other lives.

We never have to follow rules when we're together. We're always safe when we're together.

Soon, he caught up to me.

Wrapping his arms around me, he grew a playful smirk. "I caught you- WOAH!" We both fell into the grass.

I paused, then turned to look at him to see he was doing the same. All of a sudden we burst out laughing at our actions.

____________________________

"I'm in love with you (Y/N)!"

Akio exclaimed, eyes shut tightly. Almost like he said something wrong.

My eyes widened, crying from pure happiness, I ran into his arms.

"I'm in love with you too!" I sobbed.

He hugged me back tightly. Time seemed to stop for the both of us. We were the happiest in our entire lives.

____________________________

"I'm pregnant, Akio..."

I said quietly, with my head down. I'm 16, one year away from being an adult. But with this pregnancy, I'll probably have to grow up sooner.

"What...?" He questioned quietly, stopping all movements. He slowly turned to me, eyes full of anger.

"HOW ARE YOU PREGNANT?! WE HAVEN'T DONE ANYTHING TOGETHER!" He yelled, waving his arms dramatically.

We did, a few days ago. He came home drunk, I wasn't completely ready for that yet, but he was so strong and insisted on it. I couldn't stop him, and he said it would make him upset if we didn't. I don't want him to be upset with me. I never wanted him to be upset with me. Plus, he couldn't remember everything that happened in the morning. I don't want him to leave because of me. So I didn't argue any further.

"ANSWER ME!" He slapped me in the face. Leaving a mark on my face as tears threatened to leave my eye's.

I guess he doesn't remember. He doesn't remember how satisfied he was after it was over. Only I do.

____________________________

"WHAT IS THIS?! I TOLD YOU THIS HOUSE NEEDED TO BE CLEAN WHEN I GOT BACK. NOT THIS SHIT!"

He yelled, throwing the single plate that wasn't 'clean'. I moved my head from panic. The plate missing my head by a few inches.

It could've killed me.

I can't die yet.

Not when I have a baby.

He kept yelling about the plate. The plate I failed to clean before he got home. Maybe today was a bad day.

I wish my baby and me could leave this place. But there's too many risks that could put my son in danger.

____________________________

"Where have you been?"

Akio said in a threatening low voice.

"I was with Lady Tomayo. She told me I need to stay for three days after the baby's birth." I replied. Putting the bag down and looking at the baby.

"Why wasn't I notified of this?" He said, getting up from his seat.

"You haven't gotten a letter? I wrote you one as soon as she told me." I said, confused.

"WHY WOULD I ASK IF I DID YOU DUMB BITCH?!" He yelled, slapping me.

The baby woke up and started crying loudly.

"AND PUT THAT ANNOYING CHILD AWAY! HE'S GIVING ME A HEADACHE!" He yelled pointing to the hallway.

I rushed to the baby's room that I prepared and rocked the baby while singing a lullaby.

"I'm so sorry Zenitsu. My sweet baby." I whispered to the now sleeping baby.

I looked up at the closed door, seeing the letter that I sent to him.

So it did reach him...

____________________________

"MAMA!" My son yelled, sobbing at the state I was in.

Akio was mad at me again. Saying something about 'not having his room clean'.

"Baby, it's okay. Mama's okay." I held his face in my hands for a second before attempting to stand.

When I finally did, I went to the bathroom to get some bandages. Zenitsu followed with tears streaming down his face. He sniffled before saying, "Daddy hurt Mama..."

I looked at him sadly. I wish he didn't see that. I'd never want him to see that. He's only 3.

"Mama is okay now sweetie." I said kissing his forehead.

"Let's get some rest sweetheart."

____________________________

I ran with a my now 4 year old baby. Away from the destroyed house.

I knew what I was when I scared my baby.

I woke up in my own blood. I could smell something that made my mouth water. All I could think about was how much I was starving.

When I rushed to the smell and made an inhuman growl, I found my child in the closet. He was shaking and sobbing at the demonic face I displayed.

When I saw him, I stopped immediately. Shocked and disgusted with myself, I sobbed and fell to my knees in front of him while apologizing repeatedly.

I scared my baby.

I knew right there and then, that I couldn't stay with him anymore. For his safety.

So here I am. Running with inhuman speed to find a safe place for him to live. While running I saw a man, walking out of his house.

"SIR!" I yelled. I approached him and he turned to me wide eyed. I stopped in front of him, holding out my child to hand to him.

"Please take care of him. I beg of you." I cried.

Zenitsu sobbed loudly in protest. "NO MAMA, I WANT MAMA!" He struggled to hold on tightly to me, and I cried harder at his tears. I crouched to the ground and put him down.

"I'm sorry sweetie. Mama will come back for you."

I gave one last look to the man, smiling to show my appreciation. Then I looked at Zenitsu with a sad smile.

Then I vanished.

Finding a way to come back for my child.